What’s Ahead for Cuse Hoops in 2023? | Syracusefan.com

What’s Ahead for Cuse Hoops in 2023?

Ozone!

Graphics Wizard

Perhaps you’d like to weigh in; what does your crystal ball prediction for the remainder of this season?​

04811772-7CB5-474A-A378-12BE293294FA.jpeg

Our current resume is bad. To sniff the tournament we are going to have to beat Virginia and VT at least once and sweep all four Carolina teams coming to the Dome. Winning at Pitt and BC will be tough. Beating Miami will also be tough. Last resort might be having to win the ACC tournament. It’s not going to be easy.

Our current resume is bad. To sniff the tournament we are going to have to beat Virginia and VT at least once and sweep all four Carolina teams coming to the Dome. Winning at Pitt and BC will be tough. Beating Miami will also be tough. Last resort might be having to win the ACC tournament. It’s not going to be easy.
Agreed, not easy! We have young talent to go with Jesse & JG3. With HCJB’s new strategy of playing all the players I feel like by tge end of the season will be scary good. Keep your fingers crossed that this coaching trend continues!

eh...if they get to 20+ wins the record will be good...its not as dire as you make it out to be imo

Winning at BC will be tough? They stink and have no home court advantage.

Agree with the rest.

eh...if they get to 20+ wins the record will be good...its not as dire as you make it out to be imo
Our current NET ranking is 137 and we have zero Quad 1 or Quad 2 wins. It's possible to turn this thing around, but we have a TON of work to do. I would put our tourney chances at this point at about 10-15%.

Our current NET ranking is 137 and we have zero Quad 1 or Quad 2 wins. It's possible to turn this thing around, but we have a TON of work to do. I would put our tourney chances at this point at about 10-15%.
i know it seems like a long shot...but conference record will matter a lot...if the conference record is good ...good chance of getting in without having to sweep va and unc schools (thats crazy talk imo)

17 games left.

10-7 gets us to 19-12. That to me should be reasonable. Depending on the quality wins will determine that game of what is at stake in the ACC tourney

I’ll be happy w this season no matter March implications. That’s a good season for this talent imo

With the remaining 17 regular season games I can see up to 9 or 10 wins at most. We currently have 0 quality wins and 3 bad (quad 3) losses. Unfortunately that isn’t a tournament worthy resume. Record aside, we haven’t been overly impressive in any of the games this season and haven’t done anything to suggest this is a tournament caliber team.

Torvik has SU favored in only 4 of its remaining games, but projects 6 actual wins and a losing record both overall and in conference. I think they will do better or is it that I want them to do better. If Benny can start to show up every night there might be chance to participate, as fans, in a serious bubble watch.

What is you over/under for SU points against UVA in Cville? 40?

Torvik has SU favored in only 4 of its remaining games, but projects 6 actual wins and a losing record both overall and in conference. I think they will do better or is it that I want them to do better. If Benny can start to show up every night there might be chance to participate, as fans, in a serious bubble watch.

Yeah, realistically, I think we’re playing for a winning record and NIT bid. Having said that, if we finish top 5 in the ACC and play to our seed in the ACC tourney, I think we’ll be dancing.

My crystal ball doesn't work anymore- something with the backlight, I don't know. What i do know is this team has struggled against some pretty bad teams so far. I will watch as many games as I can and root hard for wins, but I can't see us winning more than we lose the rest of the way. I think .500 in the ACC for the season would be an accomplishment, which would get us an NIT bid.
If we can get some consistent outside shooting from at least one other player we can improve our upside.

I don't think we sniff the big tournament - my hope is a 500 record or better and maybe win 2 games in the ACC tournament.

168C50E5-B49A-4613-91C7-7CEAF3D96AD1.gif

I really wanted to use this but I think if we make the tournament we should be very pleased. My guess is we make the tournament that doesn’t matter

We kind of know what we have with JG/Mintz and Jessie.
We don't know night in night out what we have in Bell and Bennie.
If Copeland, Taylor, Brown can fill in when these guys take a night off, we just might have something.
I see the bench/freshmen gaining confidence in their roles.

i know it seems like a long shot...but conference record will matter a lot...if the conference record is good ...good chance of getting in without having to sweep va and unc schools (thats crazy talk imo)
13-7 I feel is the minimum. Have to have quality wins too. Either against UVA, Miami, Duke, UNC. We play the latter 2 at home.

Louisville, ND, FSU being average to bad doesn’t help.

We CAN beat any team in the ACC. We CAN also lose to any team. The conference is a bastion of mediocrity. Cautiously optimistic after Saturday. We will know a lot after we play the Virginia schools.

Winning at BC will be tough? They stink and have no home court advantage.

Agree with the rest.
I will be at the fame and I am worth 1 entire section of BC fa ns. I can be that loud.

yeah...this is a young team with 7 freshman...obviously wont be the same team in feb/march that it was in october...

(personally, i think early season games shouldnt be weighted nearly as much as they are in the NET calculus, especially for a young team, but thats just me)

they are clearly figruing it out as they go and improving...unfortunately i think they will be playing at a tourney caliber level in March but will be tough to have the right resume by then regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom