What’s the move if we lose today? | Syracusefan.com

What’s the move if we lose today?

To a room in Heartbreak Hotel :(

Our fans are great. We are dying for a decent program and showed out this year.
Yup, I think the single biggest impact of this year was the fans demonstrating that there is an ROI to investments made in the program.

We don’t have to spend in the top 5-10 but if we spend like an average top 20-30 school, this fan base will show up and invest in that program. This was more important for the AD and BOT to see than the bowl game I think.

Whether we keep Dino or not, the investments in the program need to continue (nutrition, S&C, Operations Complex, Housing, Continued JMA Dome improvements etc)

BC beat the same teams in the ACC we have so I don't know why we are 11 point favorites. I guess Garrett showed enough last week against Wake.

I just don't think running it back next year with the same team/staff is that bad of an option. Easy schedule early we should be able to get off to a 5-0 or 6-0 start again.

I'd only make a move to Tony White if you think he's leaving.

We also have to hire a new basketball coach I don't want to make both hires at the same time.

I find this thread is funny. At the beginning of the season everyone said that we needed to get to a bowl. A lot of people believed we would only win four games. We have 6 wins. We are guaranteed a bowl. We get 15 extra practices to spring board into next year.
No one likes loosing the last 5 games. Injuries derailed the season so far. We have been building depth but not to the point we can sustain winning with the injuries suffered this year.
People need to relax and be happy. The team won 6 games and we have a bowl to look forward in December. Enjoy.

The extra practice thing has always puzzled me. Seems like it would be a plus, but...

Since 2003 we've been in five bowls maybe it helped, but the next season's record was.

1-10 GRobs first year after a Pasqualoni Champs Sports Bowl. (2005)
5-7 Marrone after Pinstripe Bowl. (2011)
7-6 Shafer after another Marrone Pinstripe Bowl. (2013)
3-9 Shafer after a Shafer Texas Bowl. (2014)
5-7 Babers after The Camping World Bowl. (2019)

The extra practice thing has always puzzled me. Seems like it would be a plus, but...

Since 2003 we've been in five bowls maybe it helped, but the next season's record was.

1-10 GRobs first year after a Pasqualoni Champs Sports Bowl. (2005)
5-7 Marrone after Pinstripe Bowl. (2011)
7-6 Shafer after another Marrone Pinstripe Bowl. (2013)
3-9 Shafer after a Shafer Texas Bowl. (2014)
5-7 Babers after The Camping World Bowl. (2019)
For how much a college team practices in any sport 15 extra really isn’t moving the needle. Including late in the season.

I find this thread is funny. At the beginning of the season everyone said that we needed to get to a bowl. A lot of people believed we would only win four games. We have 6 wins. We are guaranteed a bowl. We get 15 extra practices to spring board into next year.
No one likes loosing the last 5 games. Injuries derailed the season so far. We have been building depth but not to the point we can sustain winning with the injuries suffered this year.
People need to relax and be happy. The team won 6 games and we have a bowl to look forward in December. Enjoy.
I find these posts funny. Who’s “everyone”? You? The people on this board?

Listen, here’s the deal. Dino is not a good coach. The program is not headed in a positive direction. We’re stuck in complete mediocrity and irrelevance. For every poster, I know ten who don’t post here who would agree.

Most college football fans don’t know Syracuse exists. It’s sad really, but it’s the truth. This notion that somehow 6-0 was good for the program is now rendered untrue because of the complete ineptitude that SU showed down the stretch. Do you think anyone outside of the board knows or cares about injuries we’ve faced? No.

Do you really think going 6-0 all the way to the Wasabi Bowl has helped this program or that we’re somehow improved? In fact, more likely, the brand has been damaged and recruiting has lost any and all momentum it ever had, which wasn’t much.

Without better coaching or better players and something to “show” for efforts, we’re never getting out of the hole we’re in. A complete collapse in last six games of the season is just not getting it done, no l matter how “happy” you are. Any reasonable sports fan not wearing Orange glasses knows this.

I find these posts funny. Who’s “everyone”? You? The people on this board?

Listen, here’s the deal. Dino is not a good coach. The program is not headed in a positive direction. We’re stuck in complete mediocrity and irrelevance. For every poster, I know ten who don’t post here who would agree.

Most college football fans don’t know Syracuse exists. It’s sad really, but it’s the truth. This notion that somehow 6-0 was good for the program is now rendered untrue because of the complete ineptitude that SU showed down the stretch. Do you think anyone outside of the board knows or cares about injuries we’ve faced? No.

Do you really think going 6-0 all the way to the Wasabi Bowl has helped this program or that we’re somehow improved? In fact, more likely, the brand has been damaged and recruiting has lost any and all momentum it ever had, which wasn’t much.

Without better coaching or better players and something to “show” for efforts, we’re never getting out of the hole we’re in. A complete collapse in last six games of the season is just not getting it done, no l matter how “happy” you are. Any reasonable sports fan not wearing Orange glasses knows this.
Clown post. Whine a bit more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom