What’s up with Guerrier? | Syracusefan.com

What’s up with Guerrier?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
zero effort tonight. Was not even jumping for boards. And these last two games he REFUSES to shoot any sort of jump shot. The defenses have now backed off of him to the FT line. I don’t know if JB has told him not to shoot or what. But zero effort from him tonight. Very strange.

Yeah, I definitely think he's hurt.

I can understand that someone like him may struggle against bigger teams, but I don't think you drop off as much as we saw tonight unless something else is wrong.

Don't know for sure, maybe he just had a (really, really) off night.

Whats all this hurt talk? Has anyone heard anything about him actually being hurt? He looked absolutely fine on that fast break slamming it home. He hasn't been playing good and he's missed so many easy shots around the rim.
Can anyone elaborate on the injury?

If that is going to be his effort, sit him down and don’t play him. If he’s hurt, it’s even more reason to not play h
Because he can’t shoot. That’s why they’re not guarding him. Take away his right hand and he’s useless.
He has shot the ball fairly decent this year. At least would take the open shots he would get, prior to these last two games.

If that is going to be his effort, sit him down and don’t play him. If he’s hurt, it’s even more reason to not play him.
You’d figure so, but we played him all last year with a brutal groin injury.

zero effort tonight. Was not even jumping for boards. And these last two games he REFUSES to shoot any sort of jump shot. The defenses have now backed off of him to the FT line. I don’t know if JB has told him not to shoot or what. But zero effort from him tonight. Very strange.
2nd game in 3 days and not a great jumper to begin with

I noticed alot of teams put their 4 or 5 or best front court defender on him which means he is giving up 4 inches in height in trying to score over them

Q’s not Sullinger.

He can’t last a half trying to muscle his way into shots down low and bang for boards on D. He’s undersized. Marek’s playing the 5 but Q shoulders most of the contact imo.

he’s had some bad games and untimely bouts of passiveness, but Kadary and Marek are the only players on the team that do anything to get and find him open. Marek’s really not doing much of that at this point either anymore.

He is what he is right now.

I always felt he was a better finisher through contact than Brisset was but he doesnt have the same lift that OB had and that really shows when he tries scoring over Williams, Durham at ND etc.

He can bully mid major opponents but not most ACC teams

Hes strong but hes not a wide body that can just carve out space, so he's real tweener

I've said a dozen times going back to last year... does not play above the rim. Won't just rise and slam on people. Against bigger players it will be tough inside which is why we need to try to isolate him around the elbow and let him drive it and use his positioning skills, including finishing with both hands. Earlier this year his footwork and craftiness was on display, and it's been more of a challenge as the season has gone on. He has to shoulder a lot of the load for us though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom