What 2021 recruits are the top realistic | Syracusefan.com

What 2021 recruits are the top realistic

Agreed! Rooks is at the top of the list. Next is Gadsden. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote down a list of nine recruits on a wish list. They included Fuentes, Chestnut, Hatcher, and Cruz. 4 out of nine ain't bad , but it's not 2 out of three. ;) The other 2 were Gadsden and Rooks... 6 out of nine!

Agreed! Rooks is at the top of the list. Next is Gadsden. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote down a list of nine recruits on a wish list. They included Fuentes, Chestnut, Hatcher, and Cruz. 4 out of nine ain't bad , but it's not 2 out of three. ;) The other 2 were Gadsden and Rooks... 6 out of nine!

If we get Gadsen and Rooks we may not have had room for the other 3 on your list anyway. We have 68 returnees. So those 2 plus the 20 verbals would put us at 90 with not a lot of obviously early departure candidates.

If we get Gadsen and Rooks we may not have had room for the other 3 on your list anyway. We have 68 returnees. So those 2 plus the 20 verbals would put us at 90 with not a lot of obviously early departure candidates.
Numbers always work themselves out.

Going to be interesting to see how the NCAA considers fourth year juniors vis-a-vis the 85 limit. We know a player who would be exhausting their eligibility in 2020 but returns in 2021 for their extra year does not count against the limit. I am not sure about a fourth year player who has redshirted.

Oronde Gadsden II and Will Wells. Rooks isn’t coming here.

giphy (13).gif

I think we'll fill all 25 spots.

I think so, too.

The conventional wisdom is to leave a spot or two vacant for grad transfers, etc. But we always have unexpected attrition every year. Every off-season, we have some combination of a player or two get medically disqualified, one or two have grade issues, one or two opt to transfer in search of more bountiful PT, etc.

So I think the staff fills all the spots, knowing that the roster flexibility will still be there to add transfers.

Agree 100%.

Those are the two top priorities that the coaching staff is honed in on. And then it is mostly about seeing if they can convince a couple of high potential players to look our way to fill out the rest.

A big opener win would help significantly. Especially near fertile NC and VA recruiting grounds.

2021 class is shaping up nicely...

We signed 4 DB’s in both 2019 and 2020 classes. This class we have 2 signed. I think we need at least wells as a DB and maybe another. We are now playing with 5 so it seems like more would be required.

Have to think we might revisit the RB pool.
Agreed but I would think Howard comes back, he has a few years left and I would think that as long as the players communicated openly with the staff that there should be no issues coming back. Dino does not strike me as vindictive.

I’m thinking Howard and Adams transfer or declare. I’m really wondering how much of their decision was based on covid versus Jordan getting a majority of the reps.

I’m thinking Howard and Adams transfer or declare. I’m really wondering how much of their decision was based on covid versus Jordan getting a majority of the reps.
this had nothing to do with Jordan earning reps over either imo. Dino goes with experience in the O at the RB position, hot hand at WR.

Agreed but I would think Howard comes back, he has a few years left and I would think that as long as the players communicated openly with the staff that there should be no issues coming back. Dino does not strike me as vindictive.

Me either, he's not vindictive and is not the type who would be in today's climate, but he's also the son of soldier, so while he might be an 'understanding' Dad, I can see him being very let down, because it's not in his DNA. His comments about some of this stuff have struck me. He used the term morally the other day which I found interesting.

My thinking is that Adams could be done. I'm shocked he's choosing to sit out. He's a r-SR and has already sat out a year. If he comes back that's great...but I'm skeptical.

Howard is a junior. If he sits out with plans to return he comes back a r-JR so that's fine. But, him sitting out opens the door to be jumped and also makes it harder to work back in the rotation when Pierre, Jordan and Tucker get all the carries.

Babers has also eluded to this. That backups who play now and play well will be tough to unseat.

There's enough uncertainty with the position now though, that I can see us grabbing a RB this cycle. Maybe not, but I 'could' see it.

Me either, he's not vindictive and is not the type who would be in today's climate, but he's also the son of soldier, so while he might be an 'understanding' Dad, I can see him being very let down, because it's not in his DNA. His comments about some of this stuff have struck me. He used the term morally the other day which I found interesting.

My thinking is that Adams could be done. I'm shocked he's choosing to sit out. He's a r-SR and has already sat out a year. If he comes back that's great...but I'm skeptical.

Howard is a junior. If he sits out with plans to return he comes back a r-JR so that's fine. But, him sitting out opens the door to be jumped and also makes it harder to work back in the rotation when Pierre, Jordan and Tucker get all the carries.

Babers has also eluded to this. That backups who play now and play well will be tough to unseat.

There's enough uncertainty with the position now though, that I can see us grabbing a RB this cycle. Maybe not, but I 'could' see it.
I'm with ya...definitely grabs one.

I do not think they take another rb this cycle. You already have hough. Lutz was moved to rb. Then there is Jordan, Tucker and Pierre. That’s five heading Into next season if the Adams and Jordan do not return. There are other needs this class. They will probably take two in 2022.

this had nothing to do with Jordan earning reps over either imo. Dino goes with experience in the O at the RB position, hot hand at WR.
It just seemed very strange that both would opt out. They were projected 1 and 2. I could see one but both.

2 db, 1 WR, 1 OL, 1 DL

It just seemed very strange that both would opt out. They were projected 1 and 2. I could see one but both.
Howards not leaving. No idea about Adams he may opt to train for an opportunity in the NFL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom