What about Marek | Syracusefan.com

What about Marek

CuseNickens

Walk On
I think Buddy needs to sit when he plays like this more than the next guy, but what did Marek bring today where he couldn't sit for 10 minutes. 8,6, and 3? Jesse can't come in see what he has to offer. It seems like Jimmy decides before the game what he's going to do with the lineup and refuses to adjust.

I like Marek, but I hope he doesn’t come back next year. He hurts us on both ends of the floor. He doesn’t do enough to play 40 minutes.

I think the bigger issue is that his coach doesn't take him out.

Genuinely curious what would have happened if Ajak, or Edwards, or Anselem (is he cleared?) came in for a minutes? Like, would Huff have dunked all over them with no resistance?

OH WAIT

I like Marek, but I hope he doesn’t come back next year. He hurts us on both ends of the floor. He doesn’t do enough to play 40 minutes.
Stevie Wonder can see that playing 165lb Marek at the 5-position is reckless at best, and stupid at the worst. Its a ridiculous experiment that might work sometimes, but not against a serious opponent. It needs to stop. Play the true centers and damn the torpedoes.

He’s playing out of position and coach refuses to make adjustments.

This, I feel bad in many ways for Buddy and Marek. They are both being in used in ways that likely make them look like less capable basketball players than what they actually are.

Buddy's situation would be more similar though if JG, AG, Kadary, and Q were all hurt and he had to play PG. He'd get wrecked, but you'd sorta feelz more bad about it than upset at him. Even though with both they really don't "deserve" the criticism, it's going to happen because of how they're used.

This, I feel bad in many ways for Buddy and Marek. They are both being in used in ways that likely make them look like less capable basketball players than what they actually are.

Buddy's situation would be more similar though if JG, AG, Kadary, and Q were all hurt and he had to play PG. He'd get wrecked, but you'd sorta feelz more bad about it than upset at him. Even though with both they really don't "deserve" the criticism, it's going to happen because of how they're used.

I just can't believe that was the gameplan we put together against them. We don't even try to pass to move the defense. We looked like we had zero clue how to play basketball compared to that team.

We’re the only college in the country that manages to fill 1/4th of their roster with centers that are incapable of playing D1 basketball. But hey, at least there are no cats stuck in trees on the SU campus.
That is a ridiculous statement. The local fire dept takes care of cats in trees. Our kids don't do that. Sheesh.

That is crazy talk. If he played the 4 and was used appropriately he would be an incredible asset. Bourama getting hurt forced him to play out of position. He needs to look to shoot more but he is a terrific passer and solid shooter. He was great against Virginia Tech. Short memory!

That is crazy talk. If he played the 4 and was used appropriately he would be an incredible asset. Bourama getting hurt forced him to play out of position. He needs to look to shoot more but he is a terrific passer and solid shooter. He was great against Virginia Tech. Short memory!

We lose that game with Sidibe too even if he was getting 10 and 10. The defense would have been better, but the offense would probably be worse. One player wasn't fixing tonight.

No, our inability to recruit an ACC-level center for half of a decade forced him to play out of position.

We lose that game with Sidibe too even if he was getting 10 and 10. The defense would have been better, but the offense would probably be worse. One player wasn't fixing tonight.
No offense to Sidibe, but even when healthy, he's not a difference-maker. When/if he suits up, we'll be hearing other excuses for why we're losing.

I definitely want him back next year. I just want him to play 25 minutes per game at his natural position.
I think we have better options to play forward. He’s too limited and he’s a horrible rebounder.

He passes well, but outside of that there is literally nothing he does of value on the court. He makes one nice move a game and makes a bunny, that’s literally his only contribution. Out of position, sure, but he does nothing on the wings that Braswell couldn’t do.

Bilias said he was underrated, I think he’s one of the most overrated, he literally just takes up space.

I just can't believe that was the gameplan we put together against them. We don't even try to pass to move the defense. We looked like we had zero clue how to play basketball compared to that team.
3 man weave of sorts

He's playing out of position he is only supposed to play a few mpg at the 5. Bad luck and jbs inability to recruit centers is killing us.

He's playing out of position he is only supposed to play a few mpg at the 5. Bad luck and jbs inability to recruit centers is killing us.
He’s just as clueless on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom