What album are you most embarrassed to admit you bought... | Syracusefan.com

What album are you most embarrassed to admit you bought...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
...and still have collecting dust in your collection?

I'll start off and name two:

The Bay City Rollers (vinyl): Hey, I was 8. I think I get a pass.

Wilson Phillips (CD): My girlfriend liked them. I liked the two hot ones. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

PREDICTION: there will be a response or two containing the name Milli Vannili. ;)

Milli Vanilli - All or Nothing

I also saw them in concert with my girlfriend (now wife)

I win.

I can stand behind any music purchase I've made. Even as a child, I was good at not being sucked in by the commercial trends and hype in the music industry. I can proudly declare that I never purchased an LP by Warrant, Bell Biv DeVoe, Ugly Kid Joe, Sir Mix a Lot, Bush, Alanis Morissette, The Goo Goo Dolls, Reel Big Fish, Macy Gray, or Creed.

I can stand behind any music purchase I've made. Even as a child, I was good at not being sucked in by the commercial trends and hype in the music industry. I can proudly declare that I never purchased an LP by Warrant, Bell Biv DeVoe, Ugly Kid Joe, Sir Mix a Lot, Bush, Alanis Morissette, The Goo Goo Dolls, Reel Big Fish, Macy Gray, or Creed.

I was with you until Creed. Bought their greatest hits CD at Walmart. The first and last album I ever bought there since they only sell the edited versions. Nothing is worse than hitting a point in the song where a word or words suddenly disappear. It's not like it was a gangsta rap album. They edited out the word "God". Of course it had the word "damn" after it, but still...you bleep out God and not 'damn'? Seems like an all or nothing to me. Sorry, I digress.

I bought three Warrant singles on iTunes, so technically that doesn't count as an album. I cherry picked them.

I bought a Tori Amos CD in the 90s once.

I have highlighted the ones that I had bought

I owned that BBD CD. Loved it. Probably wouldn't listen to it now if you paid me.

I think at some point in my early life I may have purchased a Shaun Cassidy album. I'll never admit to that if I meet any of you in person though.

The Wrestling Album . . . still WWF at the time; their first (and worst) effort . . . I kinda wish I still had it, because it has to be some kind of collector's item at this point.

The Wrestling Album . . . still WWF at the time; their first (and worst) effort . . . I kinda wish I still had it, because it has to be some kind of collector's item at this point.
Oops, I had that one too. Nickolai Volkav's rendition of "Cara Mia" was actually pretty good. The Junk Yard Dog song "Grab them Cakes" is pretty embarrassing though.

...and still have collecting dust in your collection?

I'll start off and name two:

The Bay City Rollers (vinyl): Hey, I was 8. I think I get a pass.

Wilson Phillips (CD): My girlfriend liked them. I liked the two hot ones. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

PREDICTION: there will be a response or two containing the name Milli Vannili. ;)

Pete, you were 8, and the BCR were sugar coated and well crafted pop music. No harm there.

I remember you and Jimmer C having that album and being thoroughly disgusted. Glad you ditched both that and that particular girlfriend. Even though I am pretty sure I hooked up with her twin. But if it was your girlfriend, sorry about that. I wasn't too particular.

My worst purchase was Terrance Trent D'arby. SPIN magazine, which I read religiously in high school, touted him as the next James Brown. Hell, I wanted to be all in on some Godfather of Soul type jams, so I bought it, even though I'd heard "Wishing Well". Title was "Introducing the Hard Line According to Terrance Trent D'arby" or something similar. SO I think, "OK, Wishing Well is the bubblegum song to get him airplay, then it'll get funkified. Holy wrong. I ended up tossing it in the trash.

As to Milli Vanilli, I remember when RC bought it "for the house, dude. Chicks love this man" but he listened to it all the time. I was there when we heard on the radio that they admitted faking it. I can still see him stand up, eject the CD, walk to the window, and toss the CD frisbee style into the Kanakadea Creek. Out the same window which I, almost a year later, tossed a couch I had um, procured from a SUNY institution that shall remain nameless some time before. We should've burned that couch, Pete.

NENA 99 - Luftballons

Patti Smyth - Warrior

REO Speedwagon - who cares I forgot the album name...

Like almost everyone else at the time, got roped into that Katrina & the Waves' "Walking On Sunshine" album.

So many people hated that one that I couldn't even GIVE it to a used records store. They already had, like a hundred of 'em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom