What away games next year are you considering attending? | Syracusefan.com

What away games next year are you considering attending?

Eric15

Living Legend
Me:

Maryland 95% chance, it would take some catastrophe for me to miss this game.

Liberty 80%, would love for this to be a Friday night game. I had a blast this year at Western Michigan -- its so much fun to sit outside in a small stadium in warm weather when we have a great chance of winning.

FSU 30%, I've been wanting to scratch this one off my bucket list, and I would like to go in a season where we have a solid chance of winning. Would be a nice November trip.

Duke 5%

NC State 5%

Louisville 0%

Duke, will be a sea of orange in a ex-pat syracuse area hotbed. I love the small stadiums.

Maryland 95%

Driveable. Lots to do in the area. Good tailgate will happen. Should be a fun game to watch. On campus venue with civil fans. I have never been to Camden Yards. The Orioles play the Texas Rangers at home that weekend.

I gotta go.

Liberty 25%

Liberty is less likely because I will be headed to that area a week later. Maryland is easier to get to for me and the game will have a better tailgate and should be more competitive. The Nationals incidentally host the Braves this weekend.

Duke 75%

NC State 25%

Two games in the same area, kind of like Maryland and Liberty only more so.

I have been to a game at NC State. Their stadium is on the North Carolina fairgrounds. I think the campus might be on the other side of the stadium; not sure. Not a very attractive area. Tailgating was tough to do. But this should be a good game and an important one too. The NC State stadium is nice. From previous experience, their fans are weird. Not jerks but not friendly.

I have been to the Duke campus, and found their little football stadium quaint and interesting. Would love to watch a game there and if I miss this one, I have to wait 14 more years.

I would love it if the ACC happened to schedule these games in consecutive weeks. Would seriously consider staying in the triangle the whole time and play a lot of golf. The golf down there is good; lots of really nice courses and the rolling terrain reminds me of my beloved CNY hills a lot.

Good food (I am a NC BBQ fan) and lots to do. Might be able to do a doubleheader with a UNC or Wake Forest game.

Florida State 50%

Not a bad drive from Tampa or Orlando, where the direct flights on the discount airlines make this road trip affordable. FSU is a fun place to watch a game and it would be awesome to see us win a game in that place. The fans were good to Syracuse fans the time I went. Tailgating was kind of far away but not bad and fun. And there is lots to do in Florida with the beaches and golf (and wife friendly too).

Louisville 5%

Louisville is hard to get to. The stadium is not on campus. At least I didn't see the campus when I went a couple of years ago (I did see Churchhill Downs though). I don't really like the city, it offers no beaches or guaranteed warm weather. I had less fun on my Louisville road trip than to any other ACC venue.

I’m from philly with closet family/friends in DC and Charlotte.

MD easy 90%+

Duke, NCST all up for grabs 50%+ for one of them

Maryland and Liberty 100%

Duke or NCState 50% (Will depend on dates)

Clemson @ Home 100% (If this is week 3, I will be at Cuse games for the first 3 weekends of the season.)

Merry - land. With 15,000 of my favorite orange clad drunks. My recollection from 2013 is that they have an open bottle policy. Meaning if you have an open bottle of liquor, just feel free to pour it in your soda our in the open or just drink from the firehose. They really don't care.

That will probably be my only one, other than the bowl game.

Clemson will be my planned road trip to the Dome.

80% chance of Louisville. Never been to Kentucky.

15% Maryland - other stuff going on that month.

85% Maryland. My sister and bro in law are Terp athletics alumni, hoping to make a family trip down there. Really fun campus.

Like Tomcat, dont really want to wait a decade to get back to Duke.. after that its all on how the schedule lays out.

Maryland.

Not sure if Liberty is any closer to me than Duke or NCSU. Could make that an overnight somewhere in between. Depending on timing maybe Duke and hopefully to the motherland for Clemson.

Liberty & NC State & Duke! If I am an exceptionally good kid I’ll make it to the Dome for Clemson but that feels like asking for a lot in my life.

FSU. Milestone birthday this year, hoping to celebrate it with an Orange W in Tallahassee. Falling short of that, maybe NC State.

I think Duke is an easy trip in a nice area. Rather make the trip to the triangle for this game than deal with State fans ever again. Might do Maryland too but did that recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom