What Do We Do at WR? | Syracusefan.com

What Do We Do at WR?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
...in 2021 once we have a healthy QB in Tommy and a year under our newcomer’s belts?

Dino’s loyalty to upperclassmen/veterans has to end here.

Queeley’s the only wideout thats shown dedication to craft and the ability to catch balls thrown to him consistently.

I’ve not seen enough of CJ, and Cooper Lutz looks to have begun to carve himself out a role in the backfield.

Pena seems crafty and quick, though small. Needs conditioning but has jitter.

I’ve heard JaVontae Williams is very gifted. We need a vet QB tossing the skin to get him in there. If he doesn’t get a shot next season early I’ll pull my hair out.

I don’t know enough about Alford to know whether or not I’m excited yet. Same with the transfer we got.

Looking for any and all inside knowledge or coach’s thoughts.

Disappointed by two upper classmen causing two consecutive turnovers.

some under classmen “sound, but there are really playmakers making impact as freshmen. Wish we could get one.Would love to see a healthy Hendrix

After a full set of Spring practices, and a full set of August practices, and a full Summer of S&C, I'd expect the WR depth chart to be completely reset.
I would too, but it seems we think this about a position group each year and the same names pop up in the new depth chart. I didn’t make this thread to trash anyone. But I’d love to see some of our “leaders” (by the numbers on their uniforms) see their reps split on first team from day 1 if theres a hint of competition in the air.

For people ripping on NJ, kid has made more plays big this year than anybody else at WR. I don't remember fumbling being an issue with him.

I'd love for him to use the extra year and come back.

If Harris transfers I think that's addition by subtraction.

Time to give others a shot. The only one that I would keep of the starters is queeley. He seems to give effort and works hard.
Taj has got to go. He let two balls go through his hands. One resulted in the int. He quits on plays. His attitude is horrible. This what happens when there is a complete lack of discipline and accountability.
NJ may be good on long deep passes but he should not be in the slot. We need someone with size and good hands.
I would start giving everyone an opportunity and see who shows heart and desire to be a starter. The

For people ripping on NJ, kid has made more plays big this year than anybody else at WR. I don't remember fumbling being an issue with him.

Put him on the outside on some design plays. We need an open target who extends routes in the slot.

Sharrod Johnson was working with the DB's during the bye week. Even changed numbers from #19 to #8 so he could play D alongside Hanna if necessary.

Don't know if this was because we're so short handed, or if this is coming attractions.

Johnson's first fumble (I gave up, were there more?) was either targeting or just bad luck. Took a bad head shot from a guy who sure looked like he meant do it the way he stood there

Sharrod Johnson was working with the DB's during the bye week. Even changed numbers from #19 to #8 so he could play D alongside Hanna if necessary.

Don't know if this was because we're so short handed, or if this coming attractions.
Guessing a little of both. Coley and Nunn out. Labrosse and Jonas dinged up. Hanna and Carter have a lot on their shoulders.

Need to dump the option routes.
We’ve seen/heard that WR and QB have not been on the same page for the last TWO years.
At this point what does it hurt to split Benson out and have Hackett at TE.
Also what happen to the two RB set we used to run. Would love to see Tucker/Lutz both in the backfield, we are under using Lutz and Benson. It’s a huge mistake.

These guys all have a ton of work to do to go from awful to average.

They are also just as dumb as they are bad back when we had a semblance of an offense with Devito they blew every read.

There is zero chance any of them will ever become 'good.' Only Taj could find a P5 scholarship as a transfer noone else has a prayer. But mentally there is no chance he turns it around here he needs a change of scenery for his own benefit. I get that this might be 'unfair' but I don't want to develop Trebor Pena that KR told me enough. Nykeim has to go as well I get it we need speed but you can't line up a guy who never catches the ball in the slot if a DB is close to him.

Just give me new faces that are buried at other programs. Whomever is 6th on the depth chart at South Carolina or a school like that fine bring them in and give them a shot. Someone with good hands that is slow but caught a ton of balls at an FCS school come on down.

The #1 reason Dino possibly deserves to be fired is how bad the WRs are and how important a position that is. Cut bait.

(Jordan and Lutz should be kept around and be starting next season in the mix at WR and as backup RBs of course.)

...in 2021 once we have a healthy QB in Tommy and a year under our newcomer’s belts?

Dino’s loyalty to upperclassmen/veterans has to end here.

Queeley’s the only wideout thats shown dedication to craft and the ability to catch balls thrown to him consistently.

I’ve not seen enough of CJ, and Cooper Lutz looks to have begun to carve himself out a role in the backfield.

Pena seems crafty and quick, though small. Needs conditioning but has jitter.

I’ve heard JaVontae Williams is very gifted. We need a vet QB tossing the skin to get him in there. If he doesn’t get a shot next season early I’ll pull my hair out.

I don’t know enough about Alford to know whether or not I’m excited yet. Same with the transfer we got.

Looking for any and all inside knowledge or coach’s thoughts.
I have no insider knowledge, nor coach’s thoughts. But I do know that our WR corps stinks, and in year 5 that’s utterly inexcusable.

We need a transfer to be our #1. We need to being Johnson back in the slot. We need to tell Taj goodbye. That woudl make our WRs functional. Depth until proven otherwise would be a concern. We have plenty of bodies but only our three starters have shown anything thus far.

We need a transfer to be our #1. We need to being Johnson back in the slot. We need to tell Taj goodbye. That woudl make our WRs functional. Depth until proven otherwise would be a concern. We have plenty of bodies but only our three starters have shown anything thus far.
I would like to see someone else in the slot, a possession guy

These guys all have a ton of work to do to go from awful to average.

They are also just as dumb as they are bad back when we had a semblance of an offense with Devito they blew every read.

There is zero chance any of them will ever become 'good.' Only Taj could find a P5 scholarship as a transfer noone else has a prayer. But mentally there is no chance he turns it around here he needs a change of scenery for his own benefit. I get that this might be 'unfair' but I don't want to develop Trebor Pena that KR told me enough. Nykeim has to go as well I get it we need speed but you can't line up a guy who never catches the ball in the slot if a DB is close to him.

Just give me new faces that are buried at other programs. Whomever is 6th on the depth chart at South Carolina or a school like that fine bring them in and give them a shot. Someone with good hands that is slow but caught a ton of balls at an FCS school come on down.

The #1 reason Dino possibly deserves to be fired is how bad the WRs are and how important a position that is. Cut bait.

(Jordan and Lutz should be kept around and be starting next season in the mix at WR and as backup RBs of course.)
If we like this offense (I still do) you have to ask yourself, is this old guy actually better than his pupils at Kent and tulsa?

If we like this offense (I still do) you have to ask yourself, is this old guy actually better than his pupils at Kent and tulsa?

Bad OC hire and WRs no better than Umass or Uconn.

Dino's offense was fine it beat Clemson and then won 10 games.

The WRs honestly are that awful. The only one who deserves a shot at turning it around is too big of a punk. Small guys are weak and not that explosive considering its P5 football adn the bigger guys are too stiff not playmakers.

Bad OC hire and WRs no better than Umass or Uconn.

Dino's offense was fine it beat Clemson and then won 10 games.

The WRs honestly are that awful. The only one who deserves a shot at turning it around is too big of a punk. Small guys are weak and not that explosive considering its P5 football adn the bigger guys are too stiff not playmakers.
It's baffling. If you're any good, you'll catch a million passes here. It shouldn't be that hard. You just can't have qbs on national tv holding the ball wrong, that isn't good for recruiting

I would like to know how anyone has any idea what our WR are doing when the Tv coverage is so bad and we never actually get to see what routes they are running most of the time..

I dont really think most WRs would do well given the 1-2 secs most of our pass blocking has been the last couple of games.

They’ve only shown anything because they have really been the only ones given a real opportunity. Johnson got a couple plays but dropped passes. Barron got in on a couple plays. Hendricks only got a limited run.
DB seems to believe that his offense is so complex no one can play.
Taj needs to go.
If NJ stays he needs to be moved out of the slot and get in on 4 or 5 wr sets.
Queeley has shown decent hands and strong effort.
Place benson in the slot, benson or Hendricks. Need size and hands.

I would like to know how anyone has any idea what our WR are doing when the Tv coverage is so bad and we never actually get to see what routes they are running most of the time..

I dont really think most WRs would do well given the 1-2 secs most of our pass blocking has been the last couple of games.

There's magic pixie dust that turns 3 star WR recruits into Randy Moss. Clearly Dino isn't following the instructions on the bottle.

And our QB is Rex Culpepper, not Daunte Culpepper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom