what do we need more this year to be successful? | Syracusefan.com

what do we need more this year to be successful?

Don

2nd String
for the season:

2500 yards rushing for the team? or 4000 yards passing for the team?

last year we ran for just less than 2000 yards, in 2012 for instance we ran for just under 2500
last year we passed for 3500 in 2016 we passed for 3800 or so.

for the season:

last year we ran for just less than 2000 yards, in 2012 for instance we ran for just under 2500
I think that if we are healthy enough by season’s end - especially Dungey - we’ll be fine. I don’t think the totals matter.

I think that if we are healthy enough by season’s end - especially Dungey - we’ll be fine. I don’t think the totals matter.

We are on our way. Keep the dline healthy and must have backers and safeties and wrs step up. Yes, its asking alot, but think we can do it all premised on the D getting more comfortable with the T2 and ED staying on the field . Our staff is stellar and will keep these kids competitive.

Wins.

I know, glib answer.

So, I'll go with more health/games played among our impact players (Dungey, Cordy, etc.)

We just need to play 12 games of competent football. We've had good QB play... for parts of a season. We've had a good defense... for three quarters of a season. We've had decent offensive line play here and there.

If we just play our game every time out we'll be so much better.

More ribs. Pulled pork, and a free tab.
1531824444477.png

There ya go.

Make the plays when they need to be made. Get that bouncing fumble, pick off that pass and not drop it, run the right patterns and hold onto the ball when it comes to you. Be prepared. There are so many moments during a game that could turn it around and it's getting to that time when these moments have to happen.

Win a game you had no right to win.

for the season:

If Strik can average 5 per carry we'll be in great shape, especially since he isn't a 40 yard run guy. He'd be grinding it out and I fully believe that Moe will be near 6 per carry.

I think running the ball effectively is paramount to our success. Keeps defense off field which is critical. Keep Dungey from getting pounded also. If we ran for 2500 or more yds we will have done a damn good thing. Dungey cannot be the best rub on the team and us win games. Oline needs a dline mentality and stomp the tihs outta defenses. Here’s to hoping.

Run the ball better -- to balance the offense.
Pressure the opposing QBs.

The rest will take care of itself.

True, but the pressure coming from the front 4 instead of blitzes would be a huge difference maker.

I think running the ball effectively is paramount to our success. Keeps defense off field which is critical. Keep Dungey from getting pounded also. If we ran for 2500 or more yds we will have done a damn good thing. Dungey cannot be the best rub on the team and us win games. Oline needs a dline mentality and stomp the tihs outta defenses. Here’s to hoping.

Keeping the ball out of ED's hands is a very good thing. It reminds me of back in the day when Graves never ran but when it came to bowl time all bets were off and he ran it more and effectively as well. A healthy ED in November would be very nice and as you said, the OL and RB's taking off that load would ease that burden for him to HAVE to make plays. He'll still be crazy but hopefully a lot less frequently.

Our D was both hurt and beaten by seasons end. Sure depth had much to do about it ,but the lack of a running game helped!

Keeping the ball out of ED's hands is a very good thing. It reminds me of back in the day when Graves never ran but when it came to bowl time all bets were off and he ran it more and effectively as well. A healthy ED in November would be very nice and as you said, the OL and RB's taking off that load would ease that burden for him to HAVE to make plays. He'll still be crazy but hopefully a lot less frequently.
I kinda like the crazy. Just not as many times. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom