What happened to the “Orange Nation” radio show? | Syracusefan.com

What happened to the “Orange Nation” radio show?

44PRIDE

All Conference
It was my go-to lunchtime radio show, but has been off air for 2 weeks now. Can’t stand Dan LeBetard and Stunod anymore

Last edited:
It was my go-to lunchtime radio show, but has been off air for 2 weeks now. Can’t stand Dan LeBetard and Stunod anymore

Same now i get stephen A at 1 pm

A quick Google search suggests that the hosts of that show take a regular summer break. I haven't listened to it, but assuming they talk mostly SU and college sports, that would make sense. Not a ton is going on in early summer. Football stuff doesn't pick up until late July

A quick Google search suggests that the hosts of that show take a regular summer break. I haven't listened to it, but assuming they talk mostly SU and college sports, that would make sense. Not a ton is going on in early summer. Football stuff doesn't pick up until late July

Looks like that's it. Their last show before summer "hiatus" was June 1st

I get it. But still wouldn't mind hearing a bit of "Danny Parkins" style position by position summer football breakdown along with some baseball coverage.

I recall they were off last summer, too. They should be back sometime In August. Hopefully Matt Park will be back with "In the Booth", as well. I hope they enjoy their summers but, frankly, both shows discussed the full range of sports news, not just SU stuff and the SU stuff doesn't limit itself to 10 months a year.

Count me in as a non-fan of the LeBartard Show. I find it sophomoric and, as a national show, he's not talking about our teams the way a local show would..

My wife is more concerned about where Daniel Baldwin has been the past couple weeks. I'm assuming vacation.

Count me in as a non-fan of the LeBartard Show. I find it sophomoric and, as a national show, he's not talking about our teams the way a local show would..
Yes, topics like: "what's your favorite dome moment?" "should we play other defenses?," "why would someone play football at Syracuse?" "should coach have called a timeout?" make for compelling radio. :vomit:

LeBatard and Stugotz are the best in the business by far. They're really the only national talking heads that give sports the weight they should be given (as in, 'Hey, this is entertainment, not life-or-death').

So we’re stuck with Axe?

Since the thread is now in the process of being derailed, I will just say that Id listen to Lebatard over any local show because

1. Its an awesome show.
2. I get my SU content from here well before Id get the same content delivered via radio
3. The local shows suck. Like, all of them. They are exctly the kind of hacks that get made fun of on Lebatards show, and deservedly so.

Since the thread is now in the process of being derailed, I will just say that Id listen to Lebatard over any local show because

1. Its an awesome show.
2. I get my SU content from here well before Id get the same content delivered via radio
3. The local shows suck. Like, all of them. They are exctly the kind of hacks that get made fun of on Lebatards show, and deservedly so.

You're not listening to Baldwin. He's great.

What station? Might as well try local radio again for a bit.

3-4 on 97.7 ESPN with krock josh usually during the week. Very lebatard like. Radio gold.

Krock hit or miss in the AM show.

Yes, topics like: "what's your favorite dome moment?" "should we play other defenses?," "why would someone play football at Syracuse?" "should coach have called a timeout?" make for compelling radio. :vomit:

1. Its an awesome show.

The local shows cover the same national stories the national shows do and just as well. The national shows rarely cover local stories and when they do, it's very superficial and unknowledgable. It's also very hard to call into them to offer your own opinion.

The national shows also often feature an arrogant personality or a silly frat party atmosphere. I like Daniel Baldwin but his show falls in the latter category, (which means he's probably got a future on the national level).

Give me the Manchild, Axeman and, when they (hopefully) come back, Orange Nation and In the Booth.

The local shows cover the same national stories the national shows do and just as well. The national shows rarely cover local stories and when they do, it's very superficial and unknowledgable. It's also very hard to call into them to offer your own opinion.

The national shows also often feature an arrogant personality or a silly frat party atmosphere. I like Daniel Baldwin but his show falls in the latter category, (which means he's probably got a future on the national level).

Give me the Manchild, Axeman and, when they (hopefully) come back, Orange Nation and In the Booth.

Yeah it’s a personal preference. I don’t particularly like the traditional sports talk radio format but I get that’s your thing.

LeBatard and Stugotz are the best in the business by far. They're really the only national talking heads that give sports the weight they should be given (as in, 'Hey, this is entertainment, not life-or-death').
i agree 100% w/the highlighted part. it's the reason the only show i listen to regularly here in los angeles is the petros & money show

. . . but 100% disagreement with the first statement. calling lebatard's show sophomoric is an insult to sophomores.

They’re not only the worst sports show hosts but the worst garbage of any kind on the air. LeBatard is a giggling little girl. He is the only person on earth that finds himself funny. I’d rather listen to that Lindsley dork who somehow got his own gig.

They’re not only the worst sports show hosts but the worst garbage of any kind on the air. LeBatard is a giggling little girl. He is the only person on earth that finds himself funny. I’d rather listen to that Lindsley dork who somehow got his own gig.
Wow. Could not disagree more. My son and I still laugh over their mock 30 for 30 on “Class Action Park” and the associated interviews...

As for Lindsley, I would honestly listen to Scandinavian mimes juggling on the radio versus that guy...

SUOrange44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom