What I expect at this point… | Syracusefan.com

What I expect at this point…

Jake

Mod
JB announces RETIREMENT before the portal opens. (This is the only thing I really feel solid about).

Red is quickly named successor. (Trending in this direction)

The rest is purely my speculation.

Red tries to retain as many players as possible and quickly hits the portal with a “not an exclusive zone team anymore” pitch. Targeting veteran physical players who will fill a role up front…and maybe adding a shooter depending on Joe

I think Bell and Benny are likely hitting the portal.

GMAC lands a gig elsewhere.

Allen is retained.

Red hires an outside the family coach to help with recruiting.

Red adds a bench coach. (Seth?!?!)

JB announces RETIREMENT before the portal opens. (This is the only thing I really feel solid about).

Red tries to retain as many players as possible and quickly hits the portal with a “not an exclusive zone team anymore” pitch. Targeting veteran physical players who will fill a role up front…and maybe adding a shooter depending on Joe

Allen is retained.

Agree with everything you say, especially the bench coach Seth Greenberg.

TJ Bamba is an aggressive SG originally from the Bronx who could be a grad transfer from Washington St. Their PF/C Mouhamed Gueye is also an exciting player

Attachments

• 302313B4-D08D-420E-B64F-59B508A6013D.png
    302313B4-D08D-420E-B64F-59B508A6013D.png
    514.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 47716D42-E403-43CB-9A94-87A993070B40.png
    47716D42-E403-43CB-9A94-87A993070B40.png
    531.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
IF Red I’m surprised at Benny leaving - wasn’t his AAU coach in Reds wedding or something like that? Red seems to have a lot invested in Benny and they seem close - if JB stays 100% agree.

Also surprised about GMAC unless JB told him he really has to go and do his thing if he’s not getting HC here

Allen is retained.

Im with it

Do people think Greenberg would leave his cushy ESPN gig for an assistant job in Syracuse?
Do we want Mr. Bubble? When I think of him I think of watching sports center and him vouching for his team to get in.

I guess if it’s truly Red you give him free reign to bring in “his guys” but forgive my ignorance, is Greenberg the guy to give us a recruiting boost?

Is Red taking over the “iron clad plan”? I’m not a huge fan of it but I’ll support him just the same. I would love love to see Devendorf on the sideline coaching the kids up and recruiting for us.

A huge asset Red brings is he was an assistant coach at Paul VI in the WCAC (Washington Catholic Athletic Conference). Hopefully, as a head coach he can re-establish that connection to both the school and the conference. That in itself would be a huge recruiting development. These teams are absolutely loaded, in fact there are three "bigs" at PVI now we should be looking at!

Allen is retained.

If it has to be an internal hire, then:

1) it has to be Red
2) MTM needs to be the primary D (this is to optimize recruiting)
3) a big man needs to be hired to recruit and coach big men
4) maybe keep GMac and/or Griff, if they are good recruiters/coaches (I'm not sure), if not, go outside.

The above could possibly success, but I'd prefer they do a national search.

Last edited:

Allen is retained.

I agree with the concept but I hope it wouldn’t be Seth Greenberg. I remember him as one of the cheerleaders for Buddy's suspension. Plus he was no great shakes as a coach. 9 years at VT and he took them to the NCAAs once.

Allen is retained.

Appreciate the information. Fine with Seth as the bench coach.

How do you feel about the likelihood of Judah being our PG next year (if you can answer)?

Thanks for sharing. Greenberg is always pretty friendly about Cuse with good things to say anytime he covers us... including in TBT. Assuming he holds that relationship with Autry. Love or hate him he knows his stuff x's and o's

I agree with the concept but I hope it wouldn’t be Seth Greenberg. I remember him as one of the cheerleaders for Buddy's suspension. Plus he was no great shakes as a coach. 9 years at VT and he took them to the NCAAs once.

His analysis I find pretty good. As a bench coach I see no issue. Not to mention VT hoops is basically the same they were under him give or take. Well known personality too.

I'd prefer someone more successful also, but Adrian was an assistant under him at Va Tech so they do have ties. So it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world.

Do we want Mr. Bubble? When I think of him I think of watching sports center and him vouching for his team to get in.

I guess if it’s truly Red you give him free reign to bring in “his guys” but forgive my ignorance, is Greenberg the guy to give us a recruiting boost?

Bench coach for Xs and Os. Not relying on him to land big fish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom