What if Dino... | Syracusefan.com

What if Dino...

kcsu

Living Legend
Had won 8 games this year. With all of the openings would he have stayed or left.

s-l1600.jpg

Ok thats enough back to Dino please:)

Had won 8 games this year. With all of the openings would he have stayed or left.
I’ll play along even though I want to post silly What If images.

I think he would have stayed. Didn’t really see him going anywhere TBH regardless of how the season went. It’s not like he’s had a complete product in all his years here. His recruiting is OK at best. Defense has performed at the lower end of P5 teams. His offense is getting there. Assistants are not getting poached by and large which suggests his ability to attract quality staff is OK at best.

I want Dino here for years to come, he’s a good coach who needs time to turn this thing around and give us a good run at being a consistently good top ranked team. He represents us well as a program. He brings in good kids, not just good players. I just don’t see what measurables other programs would look at from his time here and say “We need him ... now!”

To me answering this hypothetical, USC has always been the wildcard team. He’s a guy from west coast. It’s the glamor job out there that worried me if he’s the type of guy who wants that. He’s also loyal and if USC paid his assistants more he would have to deal w that as well (I know it costs 3x in LA too).

to me the biggest hypothetical is if Urban whispers he wants to coach ND. I could see that pushing Brian Kelley to BC.

USC for sure. If offered he was gone. Same with UCLA. Florida State, Miami, Washington, Michigan, Tennessee and either Arizona school or Texas and i also believe he is gone. I hope im wrong but this is a coach who has moved his entire life.
The good news is that by all accounts JW has negotiated a significant buyout. Regardless he isnt going anyplace this year or i would imagine next as for now the window has significantly closed on his marketability to the top schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom