What if we lose to Liberty? | Syracusefan.com

What if we lose to Liberty?

OburgOrange

Living Legend
I’ve been around a long time and seen a lot of whiskey tango foxtrot loses. But, we are prime to lose to Liberty this week. 13 starters and 8 backups are out. Liberty is by no means a gimme. Lose to them and what is the perception of our program? Especially after losing to a horrendous Duke team as well.
This could have long term consequences, Especially after the last twenty years or so... could be devastating.

What happens if we lose? We fall to 1-4. What happens if we win? We move to 2-3. Same as against any other opponent.

There is no positive to this game. If we win "oh it's just liberty" and if we lose "My god they lost to Liberty, haw bad are they?"

I hate these type of games.

We still have people making excuses for the inept coaching (actually fair I’ll wait to next season too)

I’ve been around a long time and seen a lot of whiskey tango foxtrot loses. But, we are prime to lose to Liberty this week. 13 starters and 8 backups are out. Liberty is by no means a gimme. Lose to them and what is the perception of our program? Especially after losing to a horrendous Duke team as well.
This could have long term consequences, Especially after the last twenty years or so... could be devastating.

Losing to liberty means nothing. Seriously? Why devastating? What's the point? With a backup? If we can develop and get experience for any youngins then then that is our only objective.

It's times like these I almost think it was a good idea to drop to FCS, resign from the ACC and go back to the Big East. But then, I think better of it and remember the fun of 2018 and even the minor Texas and Pinstripe Bowls. Oh to go 6-6 and go to the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl.Is that too much to ask?

Dropping down to the Colgate & UB level. So many schools like Boise State, BYU, Central Florida, Kentucky, Dook, etcetera...have risen to relevancy from relative obscurity in the past 20 years. Teams we would beat 9 times out of 10 a generation ago. How did they do it? I'll leave the answer to you board experts.

Once upon a time we beat Nebraska after losing to Rutgers. :)
Sounds like the same optimism all off season about how our OL had turned it around. They

Feels like nobody is paying attention anyway.

It would be a very rare thing that you could count on the single digits for both football and basketball, but I probably won't make it to the end if this game starts going sideways unless it's to see Markiewicz play QB

We are in trouble against Liberty.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we come into this game as an underdog

We are in trouble against Liberty.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we come into this game as an underdog

Already officially a 3 point underdog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online