What if ? | Syracusefan.com

What if ?

What if game day comes to cuse? can the quad handle everyone? will all the tailgaters try to tailgate in the quad ?
Game day would be in the am, I don’t think there is any problem at all. From what I have watched from other campuses we should be just fine.

If Game Day does come I figure the day will be something like this:
Tailgate
Game Day
Tailgate
Scene Missing
Tailgate
Game TIME

Going to be a loooong day and we might want to use the buddy system for some of the folks on the board ;)

The Quad will make for an amazing setting. Hendricks looking out over the Quad is the quintessential college scene. Scan to the Dome, statues, talk about the VA project, Varsity Pizza being delivered and either The Goat, Vanessa, Bob Costas, Carmelo, or Mike T making the picks. If the weather holds or God willing it is a beautiful fall day it will help SU take it to the next level. Lets crush Liberty and put a beating on Maryland. If we take care of business i think Game Day is a lock.

It's going to be a long day for SU fans for sure, but well worth it. Imagine this though. You are a young quarterback like TD getting your first home start. The Dome will be sold out. People have been tailgating all day. Not to mention game day is a very good possibility. How in the world do you keep your composure? It's times like this that make me glad I am a fan and glad he will be battle tested for Clemson.

It's going to be a long day for SU fans for sure, but well worth it. Imagine this though. You are a young quarterback like TD getting your first home start. The Dome will be sold out. People have been tailgating all day. Not to mention game day is a very good possibility. How in the world do you keep your composure? It's times like this that make me glad I am a fan and glad he will be battle tested for Clemson.
Honestly tommy is super calm about everything I’m emotional he is not .
Before the state championship at met life he was head bopping during walk through
The elite 11 pro day is probably the most nerve wrecking because your all by yourself I front of e everyone at 16 years old and it was the same thing . He’s been so prepared from his trainer to the big stage of Don Bosco
That he doesn’t flinch . He did tell me though he is going to be a ghost on campus that week . I’m definitely going to my dr to get something to calm me down I’m way to emotional I may hyperventilate.

What if game day comes to cuse? can the quad handle everyone? will all the tailgaters try to tailgate in the quad ?

I suspect a very large crowd but SU doesn't allow tailgating on the quad outside of what they put on. You could probably bring a small cooler and be OK but a grill and tables and stuff will not last more then 5 min before you get asked to leave.

Would SU allow private tailgates on the quad? My guess is no.

Game Day on the Quad. Tailgating for breakfast, yelling on camera, tailgating for lunch, getting sunburned in the afternoon, tailgating for dinner, and then stumbling to a sold-out, hot and humid Dome for the game. I can't see anything that could possibly go wrong. lol ;)

Last edited:
GOAT or Costas on Gameday.
Pray we’re 2-0.
You’ll see me there celebrating behind Corso. My sign will read thusly:
“In-a-Gadda-DeVito Baby! SU is a superior boutique football team who’ll never apologize for not being a soulless football factory. And although our signs of fervent support for our beloved Orangemen lack brevity and are prone to unnecessary erudition, they are nonetheless in keeping with the passion we exude for our team.!”

Last edited:
On a side note I find it interesting that this is the first time the university has moved the location of the homecoming BBQ on Friday night from the Quad to the grassy area adjacent to the Women’s Building. I assume this was done to give ESPN enough time and room to build the stage for Gameday.

On a side note I find it interesting that this is the first time the university has moved the location of the homecoming BBQ on Friday night from the Quad to the grassy area adjacent to the Women’s Building. I assume this was done to give ESPN enough time and room to build the stage for Gameday.

All the tea leaves are pointing in our direction for Game Day at Syracuse on September 14.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom