What if... | Syracusefan.com

What if...

Ernie44

Walk On
Just a hypothetical here for the sake of board discussion...what if TD transfers. Let’s say he and a former active poster decide the line is so putrid, they take him out of CNY to greener pastures. They decide to sit out and go elsewhere. What then? Discuss?

whobut03

Walk On
I’ll play...

Then he will be labeled a quitter and will have to deal with quitting on his team for the rest of his life.

I would also question the coach who brings him in. Some adversity and he jumps ship? Tells the coach the QB and supposed leader of the team can’t handle the role.

(No I do not think he transfers)

JRHEETER

All American
Insert Cade Fortin

Would suspect this plays a role of why he is being courted by Dino and co

for the record, TD won’t transfer. He will stick it out. I would assume you’ll see him do a 5th year grad transfer, depending on his career at SU

Last edited:

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
The grass is always greener. Most lines are an injury or two away from becoming dangerous to the health and safety to a QB. And good luck finding another coach who would treat TD with the same respect and care Dino has.

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I would then have to delete the thread I made today.

Ernie44

Walk On
I dont think he transfers either. He leaves to play one year somewhere. Some school isn’t getting their bang for their buck. Plus you are theoretically getting a diva at that point. Who knows. I’m convinced that we just can’t have nice things. I’ve said it a dozen times this year.

Dcuse

All Conference
What if Justin Fields,JK Dobbins and the whole Ohio St offensive line decide to transfer to Cuse. Let’s say 7 guys who don’t even know this board exists decide it’s too easy for their kids in the Big 10 and want to make men out of their sons by challenging them to win here.

just a hypothetical. Discuss?

FRANKIEFAN

All American
Is he graduating?

He hasn’t played well enough to get a guarantee of PT elsewhere unless he drops down a level.

Plenty of places take him to compete.

Our WRs are FCS caliber so I wouldn’t be shocked if he looked around.

corpjet

Board Prophet
I don’t know how I don’t know this but what were the list of other schools TD had scholarship offers from?

FloridaFan

2020 Cali Award Winner, Aka FloridaHam
I don’t know how I don’t know this but what were the list of other schools TD had scholarship offers from?
BC Maryland Rutgers and Wake were the 4 big ones

hungrychuck

All Conference

Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Washington State all were reported to be later offers, along with the likes of BC, Maryland and Rutgers earlier.

dollarbill44

Hall of Fame
What if Justin Fields,JK Dobbins and the whole Ohio St offensive line decide to transfer to Cuse. Let’s say 7 guys who don’t even know this board exists decide it’s too easy for their kids in the Big 10 and want to make men out of their sons by challenging them to win here.

just a hypothetical. Discuss?
Under the Many Worlds theory, the fact you thought of this scenario means it is a reality in an alternate universe.

Forza Azzurri

All American
What if the refs called Eli Manning in the grasp in the last 2 minutes of SB 42.
Then you would be absolutely insufferable instead of merely irritating... :p

But we would still always have XLVI...

1572349753460.png

HRE Otto IV

All American
If he left he would need to go to FCS for a year or lose a year entirely. After next year he can be a grad transfer.

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Ultimately we are going to have at least 2 qb in the QB room who arent on the team next year. If Deviti stays, he starts, unless someone takes it from him. If he goes, then I guarantee someone else starts.

tipphill

All Conference
I’ll play...

Then he will be labeled a quitter and will have to deal with quitting on his team for the rest of his life.

I would also question the coach who brings him in. Some adversity and he jumps ship? Tells the coach the QB and supposed leader of the team can’t handle the role.

(No I do not think he transfers)
i would not blame him. he is getting killed out there. its amazing to me how he concentrate on the plays, as he must put more effort into watching who is coming, and how do i get out of this. he ran more against pitt which was encouraging. he has excellent tools for an offense line that can protect him and receivers who can catch the ball.
he may thrive in a different offense . the plays called the lack screens, draws and i dare say option hurt him. the first play from scrimmage against fla state should have been a draw or screen.
no, i would not blame him. he faces major injury risk on almost every play.