What is Shraders injury? | Syracusefan.com

What is Shraders injury?

florange44

Scout Team
Shrader was clearly not 100% for the game. He’s been <100% since Clemson, that’s 9 weeks or so. Even a high ankle sprain should heal in that time. Does he have something more serious that needs surgery? Does he have a leg problem and a shoulder problem? He was a much better QB the first 6+ games than the last 7. If he had stayed healthy all year somehow, we’d have 9 wins or more.

Florange44

Shrader was clearly not 100% for the game. He’s been <100% since Clemson, that’s 9 weeks or so. Even a high ankle sprain should heal in that time. Does he have something more serious that needs surgery? Does he have a leg problem and a shoulder problem? He was a much better QB the first 6+ games than the last 7. If he had stayed healthy all year somehow, we’d have 9 wins or more.

Florange44
He is who he is.

Florange44

I said a few times yesterday it looked to me like he had a dead arm. Didn’t have any zip on the ball and some were dying ducks.

Florange44
I agree he still didn’t look healthy. He just wasn’t as explosive or quick when he ran like he was preClemson.

I think an ankle sprain could still be lingering considering he practiced and played on it which would extend the healing process.

imo I’d bet he has some bad bruising on his hip and throwing shoulder.

He took outrageous hits vs Clemson, ND and a couple other games.

That kids nuts for playing on but thats just who he is. Those were hits imo Dungey doesnt get up from. The hit Clemson laid before his deep completion to Damien was scary.

I dont know how Garrett does it.

I said a few times yesterday it looked to me like he had a dead arm. Didn’t have any zip on the ball and some were dying ducks.
Wonder what the specifics are. Lots of different parts could be the problem some more
worrisome than others.

imo I’d bet he has some bad bruising on his hip and throwing shoulder.

He took outrageous hits vs Clemson, ND and a couple other games.

That kids nuts for playing on but thats just who he is. Those were hits imo Dungey doesnt get up from. The hit Clemson laid before his deep completion to Damien was scary.

I dont know how Garrett does it.
What? Dungey always got back up from hits. The concussions took him out, and even then he always wanted to be back in.

His ankles were tapped pretty good. GS was for most of the season a top 10 QB in the country by QBR. He ended the season with a 64 percent completion percentage. Armstrong at Virginia 2 years with Beck had completion percentages of 58 and 65 percent. There is no reason why GS can’t have a similar season Armstrong had before Beck left. Armstrong and GS at base are pretty damn similar. Run/Throwers, pretty good accuracy, not Joe Montana but how many are? Is clearly a leader of the team. Another offseason with Beck. Just needs to stay healthy for a season besides bumps and bruises. In the meantime get Lamson/CDRW ready for likely minutes as QB2.

I disagree. He did throw a bunch of weak passes for a while ( in the late third qtr?), but for the most part I thought he had more zip on the ball than normal - look at that wild play when he was chased back 15 yds, did an amazing pivot, and then threw the ball about 50 yds out of bounds; that was not a dead arm.

Considering he was in and out of an orthopedic boot for five weeks suggests to me, it was either a high ankle sprain, or a problem with his forefoot in the tarsals/metatarsals (foot bones, like a sprain/irritation).

9 weeks would be enough to heal these type injuries, but that’s only if you have no strenuous activity with proper therapy.

Other than Pitt The dude just kept playing on it week after week, including all the weeks of bowl prep. The guy is a warrior, Picture Jim Boeheim, we don’t win 3 effen games without him.

Let’s hope next year he can stay healthier, takes the bull by the horns, becomes a more effective/vocal leader, makes it HIS team, and that good things/better things happen as a result.

Last edited:
We really need to find a way to keep him healthier next season. Shrader’s gift is his legs, and without his ability to be a dangerous runner he’s a mediocre-at-best passer.

I might consider calling fewer designed runs for him next season. He’ll get plenty of yards scrambling. Hopefully a better OL will help too.

Nah, the gout got him.

I’m pretty sure it was this

1672598854160.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors