What now? | Syracusefan.com

What now?

TruthSUfan

Walk On
A final word on this week in Syracuse football before we turn the page to a great matchup next week with the Irish ….. I read some articles about the game both locally and nationally, bur here’s all I needed to know (and what I knew going into Death Valley) … When you have a Lou Groza award winner on your team (Andre Szmyt) you take the early points ( a 45 yarder for the love of god) … and when you have an All American running back (Sean Tucker) you feed him the ball until the defense proves they can stop him (5 rushes for 54 yards – I suck at math but I’m pretty sure that’s 10+ yards a carry) … I hear there are a lot of people saying Dino should lose his job – that’s just outrageous! Ol’ Jim needs to be fired way before SU should consider relieving Dino of his duties (this, as we know, won’t happen because now Jim has to prove that the Boeheim AAU team was just an aberration) … Anyway, the Orangemen (sorry I missed the class on being PC when I was a student there) had an opportunity to take a huge step yesterday and at halftime I asked my people “great half, but can they close this deal?” … We got the answer, and we know the result was more about coaching than the talent on the field … The SU players were by all accounts better than the Clemson players – we know what we saw and we know that Clemson had to bench their starting QB in order to rally … This loss cost the team a top-10 ranking and the coaches a huge recruiting boost, and we now know it also cost the entire Orange Nation a chance to host College Gameday for the first time (Rece Davis & Co. are headed to Jackson State next week because Coach Prime is now the bigger story) … For the first time in a long time we can be proud of Orange football and this collection of gritty and talented players (Shrader deserved better, but ultimately he needs to see the field better on that final drive) … Unfortunately the big step forward just wasn’t meant to be. Does this team slide to a 7-5 finish or realize how close they are and go 10-2? … On to the Irish to start finding out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom