What our record be if we had gotten Tape? | Syracusefan.com

What our record be if we had gotten Tape?

While we are at it, what would our record be if we got Seth Towns instead of Griff? he can't get off the bench at Ohio St. We came out okay on the transfer games.

Upvote 1
He can't even get off the bench on a bad Duke team. Maybe one game better.
K didn’t recruit him to play. He recruited him so he wouldn’t play for us.

To answer the OP, I think it would be the same as if we had a healthy Sidibe. 16-5 as someone else suggested sounds about right. We win today and split with Pitt for sure. Then we beat Rutgers or UNC. Other losses would just be closer.

Upvote 0
While we are at it, what would our record be if we got Seth Towns instead of Griff? he can't get off the bench at Ohio St. We came out okay on the transfer games.
That is interesting. I know there was a question about whether Towns would fully recover from his injury or how long it would take. Or maybe he would have fit in better here with our system and him being more of a focus of the offense. Also, Ohio State may have more talent at the wing than we do this season, considering their record.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is interesting. I know there was a question about whether Towns would fully recover from his injury or how long it would take. Or maybe he would have fit in better here with our system and him being more of a focus of the offense. Also, Ohio State may have more talent at the wing than we do this season, considering their record.
I think Towns would have helped us rebounding and shooting wise. Griffin has been ok but I think Towns and Tape would have made us 2-3 games better in my opinion.

Upvote 0
With an adequate center(like late season Sidibe last year) I think we would have a couple more wins and would be in good shape for the tourney. Is Tape an adequate center? I have no idea. By “adequate” I mean: capable of playing close to 30 minutes, solid defender, and 8-10 points and 8 boards or so.

An adequate center would impact our defense enormously, and make our forward rotation strong instead of average.

Back early in the season I thought Sidibe would be back and Kadary would fully take over at point and we’d have our best team in years.

Upvote 0
Thinking back to the Tape’ recruitment reminds me of how foolish Boeheim looks when he speaks up defending Duke and Coach K like he has more than once this season. Go out of your way to defend the same program and friend who has blatantly recruited a player just so we wouldn’t get him on more than one occasion (Tape’ and Jordan Tucker). Maybe Coach K learned his lesson when he allowed Silent G to transfer here even though we were coming to the ACC.

Upvote 0
Thinking back to the Tape’ recruitment reminds me of how foolish Boeheim looks when he speaks up defending Duke and Coach K like he has more than once this season. Go out of your way to defend the same program and friend who has blatantly recruited a player just so we wouldn’t get him on more than one occasion (Tape’ and Jordan Tucker). Maybe Coach K learned his lesson when he allowed Silent G to transfer here even though we were coming to the ACC.
I feel the same way about Melo’s “friendship” with LeBron.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom