What recruiit was hyped/ anticipated as much as NN.) | Syracusefan.com

What recruiit was hyped/ anticipated as much as NN.)

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Not talking how good he is, but the public clamor around his recruitment. Sampson comes to mind ( man I am old)
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Brandon Jennings was a big recruiting deal. Until he went overseas

Tobias Harris received a fair amount of hype on this board, probably not as much as Noel.

I think Billy Owens and Alonzo Mourning were hyped more than Noel.

BERNIEFEVERCUSE made a good point about the Matt Gorman watch of 2002 that had Syracuse, Kansas, Duke, UNC, Arizona, Indiana, UConn, Gtown, Kentucky, and Michigan State fans having anxiety attacks for weeks

Not talking how good he is, but the public clamor around his recruitment. Sampson comes to mind ( man I am old)

I sure remember Kenny Anderson.

To this day Winfred Walton was one of the best high school players I ever saw play.

As far as hype, Felipe Lopez was on the cover of SI I believe, and then there was the circus around Sebastian Telfair.

I am the wrong guy to ask cause i want every recruit
You can want them all you want, just don't Anthony Weiner them on Twitter. Your lust is palpable enough already.

Seriously though, how can we talk about Kenny and Sebby without talking about Starbury?

Carmelo had his own board on one of the old sites... that worked out well!

Winfred Walton was all the rage on the boards back in the day...
Will never forget the WW shenanigans. People need to imagine the current NN hysteria ... in a 28k modem setting. You had to read one update at a time ... loaded one hour at a time.

Kenny was a little before my time

To be fair, from what I've read, the number one answer is Lew Alcindor. Basically lived up to every expectation.

If you are interested, you should read what you can on Kenny's recruitment. Led GT to the final four his freshman year. If we got him for our post-Sherm years we would have won back to back titles, imo.

Tobias Harris received a fair amount of hype on this board, probably not as much as Noel.

I think Billy Owens and Alonzo Mourning were hyped more than Noel.
True. My brother has a framed copy of the preseason SI from Billy's freshman year, which featured him on the cover.

Seriously though, how can we talk about Kenny and Sebby without talking about Starbury?

Kenny was bigger than Starbury.

I don't think people realize how big Kenny was. During the 80s he was being followed starting in middle school. Think about that.

Will never forget the WW shenanigans. People need to imagine the current NN hysteria ... in a 28k modem setting. You had to read one update at a time ... loaded one hour at a time.
That's when I first encountered this group of people, way back when I was in high school and didn't actually post, just read updates. I remember it well.

Kenny was bigger than Starbury.

I don't think people realize how big Kenny was. During the 80s he was being followed starting in middle school. Think about that.
Of the 2000s so far, Greg Oden was labled a future NBA HOF in the 8th grade or so