What SHOULD have happened... | Syracusefan.com

What SHOULD have happened...

Louie&Bouie

Scout Team
There have to be university administrators and conference officials within the ACC who are taking a long, hard look at themselves today for not having the stones to swallow their collective "academic standards" over a year ago when WVU was available. An ACC with them in it is a far better conference.

We would have simply shrugged when UMD left, and added the Ville. Shame on those who allowed that to happen. At least they didn't make the same mistake again today.

I miss those toothless bastards.

We are better off without Mountaineer High.

There have to be university administrators and conference officials within the ACC who are taking a long, hard look at themselves today for not having the stones to swallow their collective "academic standards" over a year ago when WVU was available. An ACC with them in it is a far better conference.

We would have simply shrugged when UMD left, and added the Ville. Shame on those who allowed that to happen. At least they didn't make the same mistake again today.

I miss those toothless bastards.
Except they only added 2 teams at that time, Syracuse and Pitt to get to 14 teams. If that was the number they wanted it would have been WVU in place of one of us. Replacing UMD wasn't really on the horizon then.

Personally I don't think I could stand watching that stupid commercial of the Fes Parker look alike running around in the woods looking for Don Niehlan's out house one more time.

If that had happened, would we have replaced Rutgers in the B1G?

No, but Louisville would have replaced WV in the BigXII, and UConn might have just replaced MD.

The story goes that ESPN recommended SU and UConn for maximizing the TV contract. The ACC chose Pitt instead because they wanted to entice ND. If they took WV as #14 instead of Pitt then they would not have gotten ND as #15. And without ND maybe FSU goes to the B12 last summer.

So, the ACC should have invited Pitt and WV?

Give me a break, and stop being so literal.

In the aftermath of the departure of SU and Pitt, there were many, many discussions on multiple fronts about WVU. They were not at all disingenuous about their desire to leave the BE. Many people bemoaned their academics as a barrier to entry into either the B10 or ACC. Had the ACC done the right thing, they would have invited WVU as well when it became apparent that they were in fact weighing their conference options.