What team on the schedule do you want to beat most? | Syracusefan.com

What team on the schedule do you want to beat most?

SBro44

Walk On
We have a great schedule this year in my opinion... a lot of good teams but at the same time a lot of winnable games (No Bama/LSU type opponents). Some restored rivalries games PSU, PITT and BC... Some nationally respected teams FSU/Northwestern/Clemson... and some new rivals like Maryland

This is tough for me... which is why I posted it I want all your thoughts.

I'm going Penn State for following reasons:

-Old rival... and we haven't beaten them in what seems like forever
-I want to expedite their upcoming decline due to sanctions
-Sends an early season message, Cuse is for real
-National TV (i think?)
-Give Coach Shafer some recruting credibility
-Good for Northeast recruiting

Lastly, I can't stand Penn State fans...

I'd have to go with Penn St too. No better way to get the media's attention than beating a name brand week 1!

Wagner... Kidding folks! Penn State is the answer. Want to start off the season right.

I would like to win 2 out of 3 between PedSt/FSU/Clemson. Don't care which...

If we are talented enough to win two of those games, we should have a good season.

While I agree 100%--- picking 1 game, 1 team is what makes it hard/fun! Ideally i'd love to see us win all the games ;) .

The logical part of me says Penn State, but I'm flying out for the Maryland game (props to TexanMark for organizing everything) and it has been a LOOOOOONG time since I've had the good fortune to attend a game live that we won.

The logical part of me says Penn State, but I'm flying out for the Maryland game (props to TexanMark for organizing everything) and it has been a LOOOOOONG time since I've had the good fortune to attend a game live that we won.

I will go with whichever home games I'm able to make it to. I've seen us win a couple bowl games live recently, a win at ND in person, but I don't think I've seen us win a game in the dome since ND in 2003. And yes, I get to a couple home game per year. Apparently just not the right ones.

In no particular order...

Maryland - because my wife went there and I want to give her the Prince Akeem "YES, IN THE FACE!". (actually, she could care less and would probably root for SU).

Penn State - because they look the other way in the sexual abuse of children.

BC - because they look the other way in the sexual abuse of goats.

Wake - because it's Donovan McNabb day. Even though I'm sure his next tweet will be "Do you think OJ can still play in the NFL once he gets out of jail?", I think we should still win on his day.

Wagner - because losing to a 1AA is like making out with your sister.

Tulane - because losing to an AAC is worse than losing to a 1AA.

The other 6 - because losing sucks

Having said all that, I'll go with Penn State.

In no particular order...

Maryland - because my wife went there and I want to give her the Prince Akeem "YES, IN THE FACE!". (actually, she could care less and would probably root for SU).

Penn State - because they look the other way in the sexual abuse of children.

BC - because they look the other way in the sexual abuse of goats.

Wake - because it's Donovan McNabb day. Even though I'm sure his next tweet will be "Do you think OJ can still play in the NFL once he gets out of jail?", I think we should still win on his day.

Wagner - because losing to a 1AA is like making out with your sister.

Tulane - because losing to an AAC is worse than losing to a 1AA.

The other 6 - because losing sucks

Having said all that, I'll go with Penn State.
Man how the AAC (old Big East) has fallen.

It's too hard. It's like choosing the favorite of my 12 children.

That's easy. Oldest son. Youngest daughter. Has been that way since the beginning of time. Just don't tell the kids.

That's easy. Oldest son. Youngest daughter. Has been that way since the beginning of time. Just don't tell the kids.
I guess Penn St. would be the oldest son. Who's the youngest daughter on the schedule?

Really? Shouldn't they be the middle child that just annoys everyone? I was thinking it would be one of the older ACC teams that we haven't played as much.

Really? Shouldn't they be the middle child that just annoys everyone? I was thinking it would be one of the older ACC teams that we haven't played as much.
That's a good point. I would say NC State but they are more of the adopted child that the parents really didn't want.

Penn State.

It will make up for all the punches to the faces I should've given to the annoying, ignorant students of my 2012 graduating class that went on to attend PSU that blatantly supported not just the football players, which would have been ok, but Sandusky and JoePa as well.

God dammit.

PSU -
First Game
Shafer's first game as coach
Old Rival
Hate PSU
TV game
In NYC
1 - 0 in August

Why would anyone pick any other game?

I agree it has to be PSU! After that, Northwestern since they are next on the schedule (your most important game is your next game right?!?). If I had to actually pick a second one though, it would have to be Clemson...first time in the Dome, first ACC game, they will probably be highly ranked, and it should be a great atmosphere too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom