What to expect from Elijah Hughes next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts) | Syracusefan.com

What to expect from Elijah Hughes next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts)

Is this a rich man’s brandon triche? Potentially?

And he appears to be largely off crappy Marshall St. food (with the possible exception of Chipotle and some options at a few other places). That alone will give him a few more breaths late in the second half in crunch time.

Hopefully Eli plays as good as everyone is saying. I'm reluctant to put a lot on his shoulders but when you take the foot injury and added weight into consideration I guess it makes sense. Really excited for this next years team.

I have never had one of those chocolate lava cakes. I feel like I need to try one now.
I have a sneaky suspicion it tastes like mass produced @ss! Most of that crap looks delicious and is a major let down when you get one...make some brownies instead (especially since your from seattle) : )

Hopefully Eli plays as good as everyone is saying. I'm reluctant to put a lot on his shoulders but when you take the foot injury and added weight into consideration I guess it makes sense. Really excited for this next years team.

The thing is, the team has 5 returning starters (plus a healthy Sidibe?) so Eli doesn't have to put a lot on his shoulders. Tyus, Frank and OB will carry the load. Anything the team gets from Eli and the 3 incoming frosh is gravy and a solid reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season.

The thing is, the team has 5 returning starters (plus a healthy Sidibe?) so Eli doesn't have to put a lot on his shoulders. Tyus, Frank and OB will carry the load. Anything the team gets from Eli and the 3 incoming frosh is gravy and a solid reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season.
Can be optimistic for sure, but Tyus, Frank & OB leading the way got the team to Dayton (play-in) -- and the goal is much higher now. Getting better depends first on Marek's and Pascal's improvement, and then on contributions from Hughes, Carey & Sidibe. Provides a significant kick, similar to 2009-10 when SU had Joseph & Scoop coming off the bench as the top 6th and 7th men in the league.

Can be optimistic for sure, but Tyus, Frank & OB leading the way got the team to Dayton (play-in) -- and the goal is much higher now. Getting better depends first on Marek's and Pascal's improvement, and then on contributions from Hughes, Carey & Sidibe. Provides a significant kick, similar to 2009-10 when SU had Joseph & Scoop coming off the bench as the top 6th and 7th men in the league.

I'm curious about why you believe us being better depends on PC?

What are you looking for from him to contribute that will elevate this team?

Finishing off lobs, more put backs and dunking, and most important better hands. These equal more points and fewer turnovers

Finishing off lobs, more put backs and dunking, and most important better hands. These equal more points and fewer turnovers

Those are coincidences that you can't prepare for, except I guess if we actually try to run a play involving a lob. I really don't see that as a regular option, but maybe we will see that. I like your thinking though.

On an unrelated note, what can be done to fix bad hands? Baye had some pretty bad mitts. Did he improve over time?

I don't think he has bad hands, I think a much bigger issue is him finishing through contact.

How many times did he get the ball within the shadow of the rim, and then miss / get fouled on the way up while attempting to lay it in? Points that went by the wayside.

I don't think he has bad hands, I think a much bigger issue is him finishing through contact.

How many times did he get the ball within the shadow of the rim, and then miss / get fouled on the way up while attempting to lay it in? Points that went by the wayside.

My biggest gripe with him was the number of times the ball was lobbed to him, and instead of dunking the ball, he landed and either passed or attempted to go up, not being able to finish through contact as you mentioned.

I can't wait to see him "erupt" for 28 points off the bench...

My comment applied to both our thin men -- Marek & Pascal -- and I would start with their defense. Pascal was a major factor (on defense) in the run to the sweet 16. He got the tough boards; he prevented teams from making hay inside. Return a little stronger -- do more of that. On offense, hard to say, but he made progress from early 2016 (awful) to finishing a few chances/game in March 2018. I think he will do a tad more of that. Marek at 6ft 10 and with some improvement in his mid-range shot -- well, it is obvious how he can round out the team.

My comment applied to both our thin men -- Marek & Pascal -- and I would start with their defense. Pascal was a major factor (on defense) in the run to the sweet 16. He got the tough boards; he prevented teams from making hay inside. Return a little stronger -- do more of that. On offense, hard to say, but he made progress from early 2016 (awful) to finishing a few chances/game in March 2018. I think he will do a tad more of that. Marek at 6ft 10 and with some improvement in his mid-range shot -- well, it is obvious how he can round out the team.

Love it. Completely reasonable. Thank you for responding.

If you were going to tout back to the basket big man post up moves, then I would have thrown a flag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom