What to expect from Oshae Brissett next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts) | Syracusefan.com

What to expect from Oshae Brissett next season (Syracuse basketball player forecasts)

In the NFL you see QB drills with coaches using brooms to simulate DL trying to swipe the ball and knock down passes. I would do a drill like that with OB while he's attacking the rim, have coaches with brooms swatting at his arms. Get him used to fighting through contact and he will be unstoppable.

In the NFL you see QB drills with coaches using brooms to simulate DL trying to swipe the ball and knock down passes. I would do a drill like that with OB while he's attacking the rim, have coaches with brooms swatting at his arms. Get him used to fighting through contact and he will be unstoppable.

Football blocking pads.

Have to admit, Water's series is fun and interesting. You may not agree with all his comparisons, but the exercise is enjoyable. Second, Oshae's numbers are pretty stunning when you look at how he stacks up against some of SU's all-time greats. His ceiling is sky-high.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was a good article. It reads as someone who didn't watch the team despite being a beat writer. Brissett does not shoot the three as well as Carmelo, nor can he put the ball on the floor effectively. One of his biggest weaknesses was getting by his defender. That's what putting the ball on the floor means to me, not just bringing it up the court.

I didn't think it was a good article. It reads as someone who didn't watch the team despite being a beat writer. Brissett does not shoot the three as well as Carmelo, nor can he put the ball on the floor effectively. One of his biggest weaknesses was getting by his defender. That's what putting the ball on the floor means to me, not just bringing it up the court.

Carmelo and Oshae's 3 point percentage were identical as freshman. Both 33%. I disagree on not getting by his defender. He did a lot. That's why he got to the line so much. He just couldn't finish at the rim. Big difference.

Carmelo and Oshae's 3 point percentage were identical as freshman. Both 33%. I disagree on not getting by his defender. He did a lot. That's why he got to the line so much. He just couldn't finish at the rim. Big difference.

You're right as far as 3 point percentage. Oshae went 55-166 and Melo went 56-166. Agree with you also about his lack of finishing was the problem

Have to admit, Water's series is fun and interesting. You may not agree with all his comparisons, but the exercise is enjoyable. Second, Oshae's numbers are pretty stunning when you look at the list of comparable players -- some of SU's all-time greats. His ceiling is sky-high.
Agreed and imagine if he made those driving baskets

Mike is spot on by saying Osahe can basically repeat this past season stats in less minutes and better efficiency. If Battle had left, I would have put OB in for 19/10 every night.

This was actually the best article of the series, IMO.

Scary the potential this kid has, if [when] he puts it all together. Hope we start to see that potential actualized this season. If he makes the sophomore jump that many of our players have, the improvement might not show up statistically, but it might show up in terms of effectiveness.

Brissett has the potential to be a matchup nightmare. He's what Miles Bridges was supposed to be.

Overall, these articles highlight the potential for each of the players making the other better. If that becomes reality we have a team and not just a group of good players.

I really dislike the word "potential" but this year the team could be something very special.

Hard to not get excited about what the 'Cuse can become. Looking forward to the away games in our part of the Ottoman Empire.

Getting to the rim does not mean beating your man off the dribble which he could not do. It would lead to a turnover or having to immediately pass out or reset the play especially if he tried to go with his left.

Overall, these articles highlight the potential for each of the players making the other better. If that becomes reality we have a team and not just a group of good players.

I really dislike the word "potential" but this year the team could be something very special.

Hard to not get excited about what the 'Cuse can become. Looking forward to the away games in our part of the Ottoman Empire.

Definitely. The peaked and became formidable at the right time. The entire starting five / core nucleus is back, and they've added quality depth.

If they can build upon how they finished, this could be a special year. Sometimes, all that it takes is a domino or two to snap into place for a team to pop...

• first team all acc
  • first, second or third team all american
  • lottery pick, taken ahead of darius bazely
tenor.gif

Keep laughing. Do you want to pull up game threads? He can't dribble when defended especially with his left.
Oshae's biggest problem last year was not getting to the basket (whether he could dribble or not), his problem was finishing when he got to the basket which he did many times with ease.

Oshae's biggest problem last year was not getting to the basket (whether he could dribble or not), his problem was finishing when he got to the basket which he did many times with ease.

I wonder what the tipping point will be for this guy. That's three of us who have said the same thing now. I'm guessing he holds on until we get to 30...

I think he will be first team all american next year when he delivers at the rim and leads this team to the final 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom