What true point guards are we trying to land? | Syracusefan.com

What true point guards are we trying to land?

Flacusian

All Conference
For next year we will have several 2's and if KJ stays in the fold I suppose he would be considered a true point guard...but other than that are there any prospects which are being heavily recruited by us and if so who are they and where can I see tape/ film?

For next year we will have several 2's and if KJ stays in the fold I suppose he would be considered a true point guard...but other than that are there any prospects which are being heavily recruited by us and if so who are they and where can I see tape/ film?
2016 PG/Combo - Battle
2017 PG/Combo - Duval/Quade Green/Hamidou Diallo
From what I have seen, any of these four can play the point.

2016 PG/Combo - Battle
I trust your judgement, but I hadn't thought of Diallo as a point guard. I was hoping for Duval and Diallo.

2016 PG/Combo - Battle
Thanks, I knew that Battle was on board for us but I was of the opinion that he is a combo guard. Of course in Boeheim's universe there isn't necessarily a distinction between a 1 and a 2 and I was just curious about whether we were pursuing anyone who was more of a pure 1.

I trust your judgement, but I hadn't thought of Diallo as a point guard. I was hoping for Duval and Diallo.
I hear you and you're right. Of the four, Diallo is more of the scorer. But at the very least he's a combo. Can bring up the ball and is a decent passer.

Thanks, I knew that Battle was on board for us but I was of the opinion that he is a combo guard. Of course in Boeheim's universe there isn't necessarily a distinction between a 1 and a 2 and I was just curious about whether we were pursuing anyone who was more of a pure 1.
As Cusetown posted somewhere, Battle should be given keys to the Jaguar, will run the point. If by then, Howard or anyone else proves their worth to start, well then I expect a.......(wait for it)............Battle!

KJO is so fast if he ever leans to lead the fast break. Halfcourt Point and Fullcourt point are two different roles and can be played by two different players. I think KJO will smoke a double team better then anyone this year and next but his passing and shooting needs alot of work iq, form, confidence, memory(no longer needing to be coached) and performance wise.

Last edited:
KJO is so fast if he ever leans to lead the fast break. Halfcourt Point and Fullcourt point are two different roles and can be played by two different players. I think KJO will smoke a double team better then anyone this year and next but his passing and shooting needs alot of work iq, form, confidence, memory(no longer needing to be coached) and performance wise.

I think he has decent quickness but he isn't a Boatwright or anything close. Also, he would never ever be doubled.

Now that we have the open scholarship we have to be crazy not to keep trying with Simmons - seems like it would be the perfect place for him too - if he is good enough he is starting day one at point and he can switch up some with Battle at 2G - have to think we would be as favored as anyone to win next year if he came

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom