what will Battle do when he comes back | Syracusefan.com

what will Battle do when he comes back

Millhouse

Living Legend
we lost because they can't deal with williamson, I don't really care about that - i'm happy about the offense.

when the good three point shooters have been more involved and take more of the shots, the results are pretty good in this small sample

i don't think Battle is selfish but there used to be this feeling that he needed to go into hero mode

he's 34% from 2 the last 7 games. (you should immediately say, that probably means he was good 8 games ago - you'd be right

that silly article about mid range jumpers might really hurt us if he believes it

this offense has been good because it's been threes, layups, and little runners. KEEP DOING THAT

Last edited:
Absolutely right about ball movement.

If Cuse had been the wait and pound it in the floor last night, Duke would have had another 6-8 turnovers.

We haven't seen the ball movement the last two games since the very beginning of the season.

I hope that Tyus can respect what the ball movement created when he comes back.

Lets the heads roll

This is interesting. Looked up his 2P% and 3P% in wins and losses

he shoots .315 in wins and .314 from 3 in losses

he shoots .551 in wins and .364 from 2 in losses

we don't need the tournament to depend on whether his twos fall.

If you are going to depend on something that volatile, it might as well be three point shots and not two point shots.

Tyus Battle 2018-19 Splits | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

I hope he noticed that the faster the ball moves the better the shots seem to get. Don't ball stop.
Isn't Frank the one catching heat about the slow tempo. His performance last night reminded me about Cooney and how everything started to click for him his last couple games. Hopefully we get the same result.

Is it a coincidence Frank looked better without Battle?

I don’t think they complement each other well. Buddy is a better complement to both Frank and Battle.

Also Battle needs take notes from Buddy and realize you don’t have to shoot every time you get inside. You can pass it to shooters.

I know Tyus is gone after this season, and others have posted elsewhere that, for various reasons, he "needs" to be gone. But he's just not NBA ready, and may never be. He's another in a long line of Syracuse players who are, and will forever be, great college basketball players. I'm reasonably sure he can have a long and lucrative career in Europe.

I am honestly not savvy enough to evaluate whether he could, in fact, benefit from another year at Cuse. Likely not. But from a purely personal standpoint, I'd like to see him back next year. He's a likable kid, and fun to watch. And it's conceivable that he could help us reach the Final Four THIS season!

Go Cuse!

Let's face it, Battle wants to be able to "show his stuff" to the Scouts again. Not having the opportunity to do this in the ACCT will only give him further incentive to come out "guns a blazin" in the NCAA's. I don't necessarily mean shooting all the time, but displaying his overall game which we now he has. I'm expecting good things from him.

It would seem the best of everything is to get the 3 balls from our better shooters mixed with "Downhill" Battle.

Will JB go extremely small and sit Brissett for Hughes/Battle on the back line?

everyone knows Battle doesn’t really create for others so they all stand around when he tries to do his thing. It’s a problem.
They've been standing around for 30 years and more specifically, for the last three with Frank at the point (last night notwithstanding). It has nothing to do with Battle.

It would seem the best of everything is to get the 3 balls from our better shooters mixed with "Downhill" Battle.
I think that involves battle playing “point forward”

Have to admit a few minutes with Howard, Buddy, Battle, Hughes, OB/Chewy/Marek would be interesting offensively

I do think Battle should be used at the 3 more often.

Sidibe doesn’t do it for me, and I don’t feel like watching him brick free throws and foul people at a rapid rate in a one and done format.

Howard - Battle - Hughes - OB - Chukwu

Boeheim needs to get 25-30 per game, move Battle to the 3 and have Dolezaj as the reserve 4 and primary backup at the 5.

Howard - Buddy - Battle - Hughes/OB - PC/MD

Yea, we give up size, but nobody else has a Zion.

Is it a coincidence Frank looked better without Battle?

I don’t think they complement each other well. Buddy is a better complement to both Frank and Battle.

Also Battle needs take notes from Buddy and realize you don’t have to shoot every time you get inside. You can pass it to shooters.

They don't compliment each other at all. I'm really wondering what Frank's career would have been if he got to play SG with even a mediocre PG who could hit a 3 now and then.

Some of the contested shots he nailed last night, are shots he wouldn't take with Battle on the court.

This is interesting. Looked up his 2P% and 3P% in wins and losses

he shoots .315 in wins and .314 from 3 in losses

he shoots .551 in wins and .364 from 2 in losses

we don't need the tournament to depend on whether his twos fall.

If you are going to depend on something that volatile, it might as well be three point shots and not two point shots.

Tyus Battle 2018-19 Splits | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

My interpretation is that he needs to make twos. He's not a good three point shooter.

If that is true, why did we see so much better ball movement the last two games?
You got me! JB complains about it frequently. We see it for a half a game, then it stops. Comes back a few games later. Came back this week.

Could be because they realized they had to do something different with Tyus out.

My interpretation is that he needs to make twos. He's not a good three point shooter.
i know, 20 footers are hard and 16 footers are 50% easier and everyone else in basketball is crazy

if we play teams where MD can be the 1 we will be ok.. Buddy and MD move the ball quicker, but we also just took open shot sooner instead of trying to get better shots later

Tyus is just not that good of a three point guy. Having him jack up more threes won't help this team.
I don't want him to shoot threes either. He doesn't need to shoot any jump shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom