What will it take? | Syracusefan.com

What will it take?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
In all honesty, what will it take for people on this board to realize this program is in free fall?

A sixth straight year of 13+ losses?

Awful loss to Colgate or Cornell?

Losing record in ACC play?

NIT again?

A couple of Final Four runs (with one that was a Miracle) have kept hopes up for the program
When in reality we haven’t been dominant.

Times are changing in the hoops game and we are being left in the dust

In all honesty, what will it take for people on this board to realize this program is in free fall?

NIT again?

I'm more interested in knowing what it will take for Boeheim to realize it's time to step away. It's a tricky thing because you don't want to tarnish your legacy by quitting on a low note but at the same time you're tarnishing your legacy by staying on.

In hindsight, 2016 was an ideal time to walk away. Unexpected Final Four in his 40th season as coach. A big FU to the NCAA who just hit us with sanctions the year before. Hop is ready to take over and has even been serendipitously given some game experience as a head coach. It's really a shame.

I didn't have the will power to read every thread today but I think a lot of people are on your side. And if some disagree, does it really matter?
We need a couple holdouts like pearl and townie otherwise board chatter will dry up because there’ll be nothing left to debate other than who the next coach should be.

Only health issues could possibly force JB to step down before this contract is up. And even then I could see him pulling a Hugh freeze and coaching from a hospital bed.

We need a couple holdouts like pearl and townie otherwise board chatter will dry up because there’ll be nothing left to debate other than who the next coach should be.
Count me in. I think this team has potential.

Only health issues could possibly force JB to step down before this contract is up. And even then I could see him pulling a Hugh freeze and coaching from a hospital bed.
Maybe he surprises everyone and does whats right for the program. He has a brilliant basketball mind. He has to be disappointed in how his program is deteriorating.

Let's all draw final judgements on the team based on the opening season game against the defending national champions who have the best defense in college basketball while SU is trying to replace all of their scorers from last season. No team in the ACC would have looked good against them which is why they used Syracuse to take the hit while still getting a boost for the ACC network. Thanks again ACC.

NIT again?
In all honesty, it appears you do not know what the phrase 'free fall' means.

Let me help.

The collective IQ of the hoops board is currently in free fall.

;)

it's a stumble down an escalator. seems slower to reach bottom since the device itself is moving up

Fantastic analogy for this situation.

Freefall is too strong.
The analogy to BC football is spot on.
They have been 6-6 7-5 every year the last 5 years outside of one year.
JB’s system ensures we don’t bottom out.
The glacier slow pace and good defense we play ensures we grind out enough low possession low scoring games to not be below mediocre.

Sadly unless the talent can overcome our offensive system it’s not going to change our production on offense under JB.

Maybe he surprises everyone and does whats right for the program. He has a brilliant basketball mind. He has to be disappointed in how his program is deteriorating.
Look up I think pigs are flying ha. That would be shocking.

Let's all draw final judgements on the team based on the opening season game against the defending national champions who have the best defense in college basketball while SU is trying to replace all of their scorers from last season. No team in the ACC would have looked good against them which is why they used Syracuse to take the hit while still getting a boost for the ACC network. Thanks again ACC.

I think Duke could've looked good against them, Louiville probably too, oh, maybe UNC as well.

When Jimmy Jrs, Cornell team wins in the Dome here in a couple weeks the meltdown will be epic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom