What you allow is what will continue... | Syracusefan.com

What you allow is what will continue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
It's been the exact same thing for four years. No repercussions. No change in minutes played.

Same lack of hustle. Same ill advised shots. Same non-winning plays.

You can blame a lot of things for the last 3+ years, and why we have been a .500 team in the ACC.

Head coach is top of my list, but the chosen one from Class B is #2.

How many times did he get pulled last night? Probably had less court time than any game last year.

And you don't think he was being talked to while on the bench?
He played 38 minutes. 33 against Colgate.

If you are terrible on both ends, what do you bring to the table? 33 minutes or 38 are way too many for a player his caliber.

No, he is supposed to be pissed at himself and then sell out on defense. Have u EVER seen him sell out on defense. I didnt think so. Me either.

Not sure what this means. Like diving on the floor type stuff?

Joe's issues reflect the issues that every player on the roster has. Mintz is the only player that comes close to having a complete game at this level and he needs time to mature. In all honesty that challenge is there for the vast majority of programs, even the "elite" ones.

The problem for JB is he hasn't recruited anyone on this year's team that is remotely a perimeter threat except for Joe, and everyone knows that Joe is very streaky and doesn't have the game to create his own shot. Can somebody else develop a perimeter game? Can you have an effective offense without it? I guess this might be the year to experiment with options and see what the fall out is, but is against LB's instinct once he has formulated a plan he's comfortable with.

Joe's issues reflect the issues that every player on the roster has. Mintz is the only player that comes close to having a complete game at this level and he needs time to mature. In all honesty that challenge is there for the vast majority of programs, even the "elite" ones.

The problem for JB is he hasn't recruited anyone on this year's team that is remotely a perimeter threat except for Joe, and everyone knows that Joe is very streaky and doesn't have the game to create his own shot. Can somebody else develop a perimeter game? Can you have an effective offense without it? I guess this might be the year to experiment with options and see what the fall out is, but is against LB's instinct once he has formulated a plan he's comfortable with.
Bell and Taylor can be perimeter threats.

i hate his body language too. he misses a huge 1 and 1, or throws it to the other team, and he just does a little clap like “oh shucks, no biggie, lets get em next time”.

How about the layup which he had zero chance of making - tried a reverse lefthanded - and complained about a fantom foul - I guess that was better than the backwards layup he tried that missed the rim entirely - if youre 5-11 you had better be cat quick to play at this level - and cat quick he aint

It's been the exact same thing for four years. No repercussions. No change in minutes played.

Same lack of hustle. Same ill advised shots. Same non-winning plays.

You can blame a lot of things for the last 3+ years, and why we have been a .500 team in the ACC.

Head coach is top of my list, but the chosen one from Class B is #2.
I went nuts during the Richmond game when the ball was stolen from him and he just stood there while the guy that stole it ran down for a layup while a teammate sprinted back on defense. Then we get the block and JG3 isn't down to grab the ball because he was too busy pouting.

I went nuts during the Richmond game when the ball was stolen from him and he just stood there while the guy that stole it ran down for a layup while a teammate sprinted back on defense. Then we get the block and JG3 isn't down to grab the ball because he was too busy pouting.
I called about that, no acknowledgment from our homers on the airways

I am sure that, as a QB, it was drilled into Joe to control emotions at all times. Just because someone is not expressive does not mean they don’t care. You don’t get as far as he has gotten without caring.

Caring and effort dont always go hand in hand. This is on jb . A player of joes level should never be starting for SU. Hes a good sometimes great shooter. Period end of story. That is Joes value. He doesn't have the size, or talent to be starting let alone playing the minutes he does. Joe is a spark plug type player. 10 minutes a half but only if hes hot.
Richmond Joe was hot and he deserved to play. St John's Joe was cold and he needed to sit.
This isn't a Joe issue its a JB issue.

The problem there was no repercussions. That’s on the coach! A player who doesn’t hustle should sit. There’s no excuse for that. With JB it has always dependent on who it is.

I am sure that, as a QB, it was drilled into Joe to control emotions at all times. Just because someone is not expressive does not mean they don’t care. You don’t get as far as he has gotten without caring.
I don't doubt that he cares. What bothers me is he sometimes gives up when something doesn't go his way and other times he tries to do more than he is capable of. Play within yourself while simultaneously playing with high effort.

I don't doubt that he cares. What bothers me is he sometimes gives up when something doesn't go his way and other times he tries to do more than he is capable of. Play within yourself while simultaneously playing with high effort.

I think he's a realist... When he can't get open and can only huk up ill-advised shots because his defenders are faster and more athletic than him, he also mails it in on d cuz he knows he can't keep up with these players...

In such situations, JAB sticks with him in hopes of what?? Blind loyalty to a 4-year starter?

Reality is we don't have any better.

Ideally, he should be used as a hothand shooter in situational minutes based on need and due to his limitations in requisite size and athleticism, especially in P5 games.

He just can't be our on-floor clutch leader poised to play every game and vy for the most minutes.

He's not that player and never has been, yet we're into year 4 of watching him be square-pegged /round-holed into things he's not capable of.

It's not his fault.

Caring and effort dont always go hand in hand. This is on jb . A player of joes level should never be starting for SU. Hes a good sometimes great shooter. Period end of story. That is Joes value. He doesn't have the size, or talent to be starting let alone playing the minutes he does. Joe is a spark plug type player. 10 minutes a half but only if hes hot.
Richmond Joe was hot and he deserved to play. St John's Joe was cold and he needed to sit.
This isn't a Joe issue its a JB issue.

This is it, 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online