Whatever You Think Of Dino | Syracusefan.com

Whatever You Think Of Dino

He deserves credit for rolling with Shrader. It couldn't have been easy to bench Tommy, he was Dino's guy, but he made the right choice.
Agreed. Dino and Tommy were tied at the hip for better or worse. I am pleasantly surprised that Dino made the change. I honestly didn’t think Dino would do it. Shrader will continue to get better as he plays in games again.

Was it a difficult call? Our offense was pathetic at times with Tommy. Not good when pressured. Rolled right, did not make plays. Shrader provided a major boost to the run game with counters to keep defenses honest. I am actually surprised the coaching staff did not see this pre-season.

Was it a difficult call? Our offense was pathetic at times with Tommy. Not good when pressured. Rolled right, did not make plays. Shrader provided a major boost to the run game with counters to keep defenses honest. I am actually surprised the coaching staff did not see this pre-season.
I think they did, and hence Shrader was brought into the program. When the announcement was made regarding Shrader's transfer, I didn't see it as a ploy to light a fire under Devito. I felt that Devito was done. I think Dino did Devito a solid by giving him a shot to keep his job, but I won't be convinced that Dino didn't want Shrader to start all along.

Yes. And, Shrader has the running ability Tommy didn't have and if you watched both TD passes today they were both tight spirals right on the mark. We have a very good QB!

He only has ELEVEN rushing touchdowns in about 5 1/2 games.

IMO, Dino only went with GS because he knew his job depended on it. There was not one start from TD that was an excellent game in his entire time at SU. Until Dino wins with HIS players (not like 2018) consistently I still think he is a below average coach. Even today he made some very questionable calls that almost cost a win. The "guts" shown by the offense that last drive was amazing. Like they said to themselves, we are not going to let the coaches blow this game for us.

Just an opinion, but... there seems to be a very different collective attitude with this team. For the most part it's the same group of players, but Garrett's lit a fire and reminded them they're good football players. There's a lot I like about him, but the thing that stands out is that he's willing to take the hit, and willing to take the responsibility. In a sense, it's his team, and I'm glad he's going to be around for awhile. (Dino's glad too, even though the transition's been rough...)

Listen to Shraders press conference and he is a natural leader.
Also his comments about Dino are very positive very telling and Frankly have me feeling much better about Dino as our coach.
I dont believe in coincidence and i feel that Taj and Tommy being gone is a very good thing.
This is now Shraders team and he is exactly the type of leader that you want.
We hit the lottery with this kid.

Just an opinion, but... there seems to be a very different collective attitude with this team. For the most part it's the same group of players, but Garrett's lit a fire and reminded them they're good football players. There's a lot I like about him, but the thing that stands out is that he's willing to take the hit, and willing to take the responsibility. In a sense, it's his team, and I'm glad he's going to be around for awhile. (Dino's glad too, even though the transition's been rough...)
This is it. There is a fire lit

this is why I’m always apprehensive w saying Dino has to go. He has this team playing hard. We are one win from the 5 wins/“eh” level. Dino has to get credit for making the move and for sticking w the incumbent

players want their coach to have their back. Dino had TDs back and it may have cost us a game but in long term it may have saved his job

Shrader is a much better fit for this offense. I don't want to take shots at Dino after a good win but it doesn't take Bill Walsh to figure that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom