What's the best guess for limited fans? | Syracusefan.com

What's the best guess for limited fans?

I'll throw out a number with absolutely no rhyme or reason - 10K.

The whole idea of reduced capacity confuses me. Whether you have 25 thousand or 45 thousand you will have a large number of people sitting near eachother, walking in the tunnels and bathrooms close to eachother that will be going back out into the public.

Most CO 19 rules for indoor business/restaurants ect..
Call for 50% occupancy.
If they stop concessions i would imagine 20-25% of capacity is feasible.
My Guess is 10-15K

I am guessing 25% for our dome. It might be more for a facility with individual seats.

If NYS gives a go ahead, there is no way it will happen with 50% to start. I think we will be lucky to get a go ahead with 25%.

This is how I think it should work:

If you consider an X to be an occupied seat and an O to be seat not sold because of COVID, it would look like this:

Row A XOOOXOOOXOOOXOOO...
Row B OOXOOOXOOOXOOOXO...
Row C XOOOXOOOXOOOXOOO...

Given SU is going to allow season tickets bought together to stay together, you should be able to get more than 25% in and maintain social distancing spacing. Not sure what the average # of season tickets a season ticket holder has, but I will bump my percentage to 28% based on this. It will probably be more like 30% but without the data needed, I can't know for sure.

also have to think about some groups of tickets are not really people who might want to sit together.. Even me my kid is in Roch and we haven't had any contact since this started so my 2 tickets we still probably wouldnt sit all that close and dont know how they handle that.

some groups are 2-3-4 families.

if you put 4-5K of kids in they will require all social distancing and thats a huge chunk of seats

well they havent sold any non season tickets yet so that eliminates that for now. but that wont stop STH from selling them.. Although they could I suppose make you assign a ticket to person for this season and then give people the option to not do that and refund tickets for people who dont show up for games after the fact if they dont allow resale.

well they havent sold any non season tickets yet so that eliminates that for now. but that wont stop STH from selling them.. Although they could I suppose make you assign a ticket to person for this season and then give people the option to not do that and refund tickets for people who dont show up for games after the fact if they dont allow resale.
My guess is that SU is going to arrive at a max capacity for the dome for football that allows social distancing, then announce the only way to attend games this year for certain is to buy a season ticket. If they reach that capacity, that is the end of ticket sales for the year.

However, if on a game by game basis, conditions allow selling more tickets, they will do so.

That to me makes the most sense.

I would think that they would try to ask people to sell STs back to them for resale as much as they can to help control the spacing.

I wouldn't want to be an usher under a 25% cap scenario. There will be a lot of seat jumping to more desirable locations when fans in the end zone see 75% of the seats on the 50 vacant. Seems like a lose-lose scenario to me. In retrospect, if we installed new seating and didn't re-install the benches, you might be able to simply not install the seat portion of the individual chair.

Yeah slippery slope here, can’t exclude some season ticket holders and include others. Would I still get my seats next year? etc etc etc.

September is still a long ways away, I think they are going to go with the option of only season ticket holders if I had to guess...

Yeah slippery slope here, can’t exclude some season ticket holders and include others. Would I still get my seats next year? etc etc etc.

September is still a long ways away, I think they are going to go with the option of only season ticket holders if I had to guess...
I dont think its hard to exclude anyone. they already do things by pts for away tickets and stuff, this is just an extension of it and i doubt we get any where near 100% buy in by STH this year

anyone get the "email" the article referred to?

Greetings from Syracuse University Athletics. We hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe.

We are reaching out today to you as an Orange football, men’s or women’s basketball season ticket holder to let you know that Syracuse Athletics is reviewing many potential plans for attendance at our home events this fall. We are evaluating facility plans from world-leading organizations, such as Disney and the NFL, to help us determine a plan to best serve our fans and employ the safest practices possible. The University is working closely with public health and government officials to create and deploy a public health strategy that protects and safeguards the well-being of our fans, student-athletes, and the campus and Central New York communities.

In regard to football season, at this time we are anticipating and planning for reduced capacity to some degree. As we continue to work through these important planning processes, we believe it is best that we pause our football seat upgrade and parking process. For men’s and women’s basketball it is simply too early to tell.

Therefore, fans are welcome to continue to renew or purchase new season tickets for all of our sports, however, we ask for your patience and understanding in the event we need to make seating adjustments to comply with COVID-19 prevention best practices.

Once we have more details and greater clarity, we will reconnect with you about next steps.

Wishing you and all of Orange Nation good health.

Sincerely,

John Wildhack
Director of Athletics

I am guessing 25% for our dome. It might be more for a facility with individual seats.

If NYS gives a go ahead, there is no way it will happen with 50% to start. I think we will be lucky to get a go ahead with 25%.

This is how I think it should work:

If you consider an X to be an occupied seat and an O to be seat not sold because of COVID, it would look like this:

Row A XOOOXOOOXOOOXOOO...
Row B OOXOOOXOOOXOOOXO...
Row C XOOOXOOOXOOOXOOO...

Given SU is going to allow season tickets bought together to stay together, you should be able to get more than 25% in and maintain social distancing spacing. Not sure what the average # of season tickets a season ticket holder has, but I will bump my percentage to 28% based on this. It will probably be more like 30% but without the data needed, I can't know for sure.
If doing that, I would alternate rows. Plus, families will sit together.

I dont think its hard to exclude anyone. they already do things by pts for away tickets and stuff, this is just an extension of it and i doubt we get any where near 100% buy in by STH this year

Regardless of there being a point system, no one who buys in and donates to the program wants to be left out due to something out of their control. You should not be allowed to keep one's money or donation fee if they aren't allowed to benefit from what they have purchased whether there's a full buy in or not.

SU should place the individual orange seats in locations to demonstrate social distancing. You can only sit in a orange seat. This will support ushers.
This is a good idea. However, it is complicated by Tuttle's thinking above (which I tend to agree with) that families may be allowed to sit together.
1590701755571.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom