what's the best music app? | Syracusefan.com

what's the best music app?

KellySyracuse

Living Legend
I had XM and then Sirius for years but dropped them at the end of my last subscription. I'm looking for a better music app, I've used the paid versions of Amazon music and Pandora and have been non-plussed with both. Amazon music gets a thumbs down actually. I'm currently using Mixcloud because I'm a paid subscriber of the guy that used to run The Loft on Sirius but not sure if it's worth the additional $10 per month for the full service. I have an Android.
What is the consensus? I appreciate the advice

Anyone had success turning a couple Apple Music accounts into a single shared family account? Asking for a friend.

I like Spotify. Don't know if it's better than anything else.

Yeah, my opinion is pretty worthless as I've used them for pretty much ever, but I do love Spotify (for whatever that's worth).

wife has a lexus and i had to steal the sirius port to hookup her iPod. she's been using pandora and amazon prime and seems happy. she loves that 1970's sound.

Tidal is my favorite.

I have had a family membership to Apple Music for years and have been mostly happy with it. The radio function is not nearly as good as pandora's so I have kept my pandora subscription.

Recently, I switched to Tidal. During the free trial, I did a lot of "side by side" comparisons with Apple Music. The audio quality is in-fact superior, particularly those tracks that are "Master" quality. I notice the difference and appreciate it, but most people probably don't care enough. The larger price tag is worth it for me, but probably not for most. Those people should probably stick with Apple Music or Spotify.

Last edited:
Either Spotify or Tidal were going to be my next go to. I need a play list for when I run and the occasional song mixup when I'm driving. I appreciate all of you that responded :)

wife has a lexus and i had to steal the sirius port to hookup her iPod. she's been using pandora and amazon prime and seems happy. she loves that 1970's sound.
I really enjoy amazon prime music. I make playlists and download albums to my phone.

I just use YouTube and if I REALLY like an album to where it’s worth spending money on to not have the occasional ad interrupt it, I buy it on iTunes.

Also use the free version of pandora, and the amazon Music version that comes with an Amazon Prime subscription.