What's the plan versus Wagner? Do you sit the guys that are dinged up | Syracusefan.com

What's the plan versus Wagner? Do you sit the guys that are dinged up

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
regardless of role or who they are? I say yes. If that means Shrader and Tuck then do it. Wagner is not only a lower division school but a very bad one as well. This isn't a Villanova type team or a stronger lower tier program. If guys need the two weeks then let them have it.

Also sounds like coaches need the time to figure out how to run the ball a bit more effectively.

No need to pad stats with starters, get the Win with reserves and get ready for what will be a tough road the final 7 games

regardless of role or who they are? I say yes. If that means Shrader and Tuck then do it. Wagner is not only a lower division school but a very bad one as well. This isn't a Villanova type team or a stronger lower tier program. If guys need the two weeks then let them have it.

Also sounds like coaches need the time to figure out how to run the ball a bit more effectively.

No need to pad stats with starters, get the Win with reserves and get ready for what will be a tough road the final 7 games
If starters are healthy enough to go in any other game I’d play them three or four possessions and then roll in the backups

If there are guys with injuries that will improve with rest, sit them

Unless they can further injure themselves, they need to play some. Otherwise it’ll be 3 weeks since they would have been in a game when we face NCSt. Have to maintain some sharpness even if it’s only 4-5 series.

This staff has always overplayed starters in my opinion.

Get CDW, Jacobian and Dan in.

Give Lequint and Juwan some run.

Don’t screw this up
I couldn’t agree more. I guarantee many of us will be very disappointed in the minutes the backups get Saturday.

There are two types of FCS teams. As IB said above, this Wagner team is the kind where you don’t have to “be on alert” for anything.

All starters should play at least through the first quarter if not deep into the 2nd quarter

100% back ups in after halftime

I also would go live a couple times in practice during the bye week

We seem to come off the most flat after a bye week, hopefully Dino can buck that trend this season

I couldn’t agree more. I guarantee many of us will be very disappointed in the minutes the backups get Saturday.

There are two types of FCS teams. As IB said above, this Wagner team is the kind where you don’t have to “be on alert” for anything.

Yeah this Wagner team is… really really bad this year

Unless they can further injure themselves, they need to play some. Otherwise it’ll be 3 weeks since they would have been in a game when we face NCSt. Have to maintain some sharpness even if it’s only 4-5 series.
If there was a way to bet on number of series for our starters and it was set at 5.5, I’d bet my whole 401k on the over. And that is unfortunate

Agree with this, think it’s specifically important for GS. Let him get in rhythm and get some confidence back heading into the bye and obviously a big showdown with Ncst.

Agree completely. Need to jump on Wagner early, boat race out to an early lead, and get key starters pulled if not by halftime, then for the majority of the second half.

I really don't think there's much to gain from playing the starters an extended amount of time. As much as I'm excited about the start of the season, health of the team is more important than optics of a blowout win. Getting younger guys reps also helps as injuries pile up. First half TOPS.

Play the starters to the half and pull them unless we are in a far closer game than we should be. I think this is what most teams do factories included. It's not good to get guys injured but it's also not good to have them sit completely.

If starters are healthy enough to go in any other game I’d play them three or four possessions and then roll in the backups

If there are guys with injuries that will improve with rest, sit them

Probably best approach. I agree 100% healthy starters have at it but even those that are dinged up aren't going to heal quicker by playing. if somebody has a nagging injury they can play through then why play them? Give them the two weeks. Wagner is that bad

Sit Tucker. I feel like he's playing hurt. He won't forget how to play football in 2 weeks. Play Shrader for at least 3-4 possessions. He and his wife receivers need to work together.

How many weeks since a real game was Louisville? They haven't looked as sharp as that all year. Sit the starters for Wagner.

This staff has always overplayed starters in my opinion.

Get CDW, Jacobian and Dan in.

Give Lequint and Juwan some run.

Don’t screw this up
You mean CD-RW?

I'd let the offense play some, get some better rhythm (i.e. running game), get a few TDs and then pull them.

Defense is probably where I'd rest more people. Wagner scored 7 points against St. Francis, I'd hope our 2nd string D can shut them out.

Ted Gregory got hurt playing against Colgate in a 56-0 blowout. He was never the same again. I don't think Auburn gets 16 against us if Gregory was at full speed. I dread games like Wagner for that reason. It always seems you lose someone good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom