What's with Md's playing time? | Syracusefan.com

What's with Md's playing time?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Not following too closely yet..but I seen MD is barely playing. Is he hurt? To me, he's the best all around player on the team and should be starting ..but what do I know.

Not following too closely yet..but I seen MD is barely playing. Is he hurt? To me, he's the best all around player on the team and should be starting ..but what do I know.

No Sir, he is not the best all around player. Buddy’s getting his minutes.

True, but the elephant in the room is why does our shooting guard continue to play big minutes when he has like ONE field goal in 2 games.

Because the only other healthy guard just came back from being hurt for a month and had 0 points and 4 turnovers?

We made it to game 2 before people started saying the coach is favoring his son! Amazing.

Marek is the best all around player??

Buddy’s getting his minutes??

There’s some weird takes in this thread

in terms of shooting, passing, court awareness, overall court savvy...yeah, i think hes the best player in terms of college basketball on this team. Doesn't mean I think he's more talented or a better pro prospect than OB or some others...

Buddy is not better than MD

Didn’t say that he is. I said Buddy is getting his minutes.

I think TB and OB’s minutes are a given. To a degree PCs as well because no one else can give you 7’2”. I think Hughes offensive potential and his play so far puts him in front of MD. The guy who is getting more minutes than I presently understand is Buddy and Marek would be getting some of those minutes with Hughes at SG.

When Frank comes back things will really get interesting.

Didn’t say that he is. I said Buddy is getting his minutes.

I think TB and OB’s minutes are a given. To a degree PCs as well because no one else can give you 7’2”. I think Hughes offensive potential and his play so far puts him in front of MD. The guy who is getting more minutes than I presently understand is Buddy and Marek would be getting some of those minutes with Hughes at SG.

He’s not though. Buddy has played 100% of his minutes at guard. Howard’s spot.

Hughes has played 100% of his minutes at forward. Marek’s spot.

Have you seen Hughes play yet?

no. ive barely seen any games this year...thus the question as to why a major rotation player has suddenly become a pine rider.,,

True, but the elephant in the room is why does our shooting guard continue to play big minutes when he has like ONE field goal in 2 games.

It’s two, Frank isn’t available and Carey wasn’t good tonight. Plus these guys are freshman.

Like JB said in the presser this team isn’t anything without Frank.

Because the only other healthy guard just came back from being hurt for a month and had 0 points and 4 turnovers?

We made it to game 2 before people started saying the coach is favoring his son! Amazing.

I’m not surprised!

There really isn't any need to be worrying about playing time at this point. We will have three excellent players in our forward rotation this year. All will play plenty of minutes.

And Marek played 18 minutes in the first game and was quite good. Today wasn’t his type of game. Bunch of small, quick, aggressive gnats on the other team. He thrives against zones and when he has space IMO.

Also, today Brissett had 17 and 13 and Hughes had 21 and 8. We needed them in there.

And Marek played 18 minutes in the first game and was quite good. Today wasn’t his type of game. Bunch of small, quick, aggressive gnats on the other team. He thrives against zones and when he has space IMO.

Also, today Brissett had 17 and 13 and Hughes had 21 and 8. We needed them in there.

Yep, agreed re: Marek better suited for zones and/or space. Or god forbid he is at the 5 (JB says he will be sometime) he can outquick and make plays against another C, perhaps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom