When can we start dreaming? | Syracusefan.com

When can we start dreaming?

BBQuse

Walk On
Personally, if we beat NC State, it'll be enough for me to let actually believe we have a chance. And it'll make the Duke game next Saturday actually meaningful -- hopefully translating into a pumped crowd, which should easily be the biggest of the season. If we manage to win that one, we will be 17-10, on a four game winning streak and we will definitely have some real mojo going. We are getting better and every game going forward is winnable (mostly because the rest of the ACC is so down, but I'll take it). Of course every game is also losable...

Having been a fan for 40 years, I painfully know that aspiring to just have a chance isn't what Syracuse is supposed to be about. But it beats the alternative.

Anyway, let's just keep winning. Please.

I believe most dreams occur during REM stage.

GIF by MTV-Italia

top top teams in the ACC we had a shot late to beat and we made the mistakes..

Thats unlike other years we had to have everything go right just to stay in the games..

We are no great team but there is no real good team in the league.

I don’t think people really register at how bad our schedule is. I MEAN, GOD AWFUL.

In my opinion. We would need to win out and get to the championship game. That may get us in. Anything less is win the whole fricken thing.

Just to give people numbers.

The teams we have beat, have a combined record of 149-216

We have only beat 3 teams with winning records. 1 of which was missing their best shooter.

-Cornell 15-7
-Leigh 14-10
-VT 14-10

Edit: Whoops, meant Cornell not Colgate.

Last edited:
might want to add Cornell to that.

BC would be over .500 if they hadnt played SU

But still not very good..

Just to give people numbers.

The teams we have beat, have a combined record of 149-216

We have only beat 3 teams with winning records. 1 of which was missing their best shooter.

-Colgate 15-7
-Leigh 14-10
-VT 14-10
We didnt beat Colgate, though.

Personally, if we beat NC State, it'll be enough for me to let actually believe we have a chance. And it'll make the Duke game next Saturday actually meaningful -- hopefully translating into a pumped crowd, which should easily be the biggest of the season. If we manage to win that one, we will be 17-10, on a four game winning streak and we will definitely have some real mojo going. We are getting better and every game going forward is winnable (mostly because the rest of the ACC is so down, but I'll take it). Of course every game is also losable...

Having been a fan for 40 years, I painfully know that aspiring to just have a chance isn't what Syracuse is supposed to be about. But it beats the alternative.

Now.

There are some that like to remind us how it can't happen. It seems to bring them joy, as they're smarter than us apparently. Whatever. What fun is there in that? Spoiler alert... none.

Keep dreaming, my man, as I'm already two steps ahead. I've been looking at what seed we'll be after we win the acc tournament. I think we have a shot at a 7, but probably more like an 8 or 9. What region we will be in is tough to say at this point. We'll have to monitor that one closely.

Last edited:
Now.

There are some that like to remind us how it can't happen. It seems to bring them joy, as they're smarter than us apparently. Whatever. What fun is there in that? Spoiler alert... none.

Keep dreaming, my man, as I'm already two steps ahead. I've been looking at what seed we'll be after we win the acc tournament. I think we have a shot at a 7, but probably more like an 8 or 9. What region we will be in is tough to say at this point. We'll have to monitor that one closely.
I’d like a Quad 1 win. Appreciate your optimism!

Now.

See you guys in Albany on the 17th.

Everyone should start to come to the realization that we have to win the ACCt to get in the NCAAt. Maybe an outside shot by running the table and a loss in the ACCt championship game. Anything short of that will end up in the NIT.

See you guys in Albany on the 17th.
I wish, but we would get shipped as far West as possible. Our Albany/MSG path to the FF ended before it ever got started.

Now.

I admire your optimism, I truly do.
Please share what you are smoking and where you got it.
Go Orange !!

We just came off a really terrible half of basketball against a terrible team, and an OK half against the same terrible team.

We have lost to nearly all the 'good' teams we have played this year and have beaten some patsies.

We were competing well in all games, save for the last couple minutes, until we had just a terrible half against FSU.

I will start dreaming if we make it to the final 4 of the ACCT. And the extent of that dream will be: 'maybe we can make it to the championship'. Etc. Not dreaming until then.

One game at a time. No way to even consider looking past Tuesday. Every game is a must win and has been for a while to even get in the conversation. Boeheim post game to the reporter re Benny and his JBs claims on bought teams were the only national relevance we have had this year.

Our SOS is so brutal even with a run at the end and a trip to the ACCT Final its hard to see the committee picking us over someone with a couple marquee wins.

But if we win the next 2 it becomes very realistic to get an at large. 1-1 probably not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom