When does Larry Cszonka get honored by the program??? | Syracusefan.com

When does Larry Cszonka get honored by the program???

CaliCuse

All American
One of the best pure fullbacks ever to play the game wore number 39 for the Syracuse Orangemen and should be honored now that he is alive and knows we care. He deserves the accolades NOW!:confused:Floyd Little and Larry Czonka in the same backfield was something only a dream could manufacture but it was real in our school.What more needs to be said?Someone get Gross on the phone and tell him about our history. It isn't just aset of numbers that remain iconic in our minds like 44 and 5.:crazy:

2264.jpg

One of the best pure fullbacks ever to play the game wore number 39 for the Syracuse Orangemen and should be honored now that he is alive and knows we care. He deserves the accolades NOW!:confused:Floyd Little and Larry Czonka in the same backfield was something only a dream could manufacture but it was real in our school.What more needs to be said?Someone get Gross on the phone and tell him about our history. It isn't just aset of numbers that remain iconic in our minds like 44 and 5.:crazy:

"Larry Csonka is obviously one of the greatest players of all time," said Syracuse Director of Athletics Dr. Daryl Gross. "His accomplishments at Syracuse were amazing and then he went on to an outstanding career in the National Football League, including playing for the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins. Larry will now be remembered forever as we honor him as one of Syracuse's finest. We salute Larry for his legacy as we welcome him back to Syracuse."

I guess "forever" is relative.

Has SU ever honored Tom Coughlin? He's been so distant from SU I sometimes forget he played there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow

This may be the single greatest Cali rant ever absolutely no connection to reality. The thing is if Larry was a recruit today Cali would want no part of him, since he was not fast enough.

This may be the single greatest Cali rant ever absolutely no connection to reality. The thing is if Larry was a recruit today Cali would want no part of him, since he was not fast enough.
Doesn't have breakaway speed, not a must land like travis lock.

Has SU ever honored Tom Coughlin? He's been so distant from SU I sometimes forget he played there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you mean distant like being the Guest of Honor by the NYC Syracuse Alumni Club and throwing out the 1st pitch at Syracuse Day at Yankee Stadium??

and distant by having his 'A Football Life' biography show on NFLN have a ton of airtime on campus and interviews with Little, Csonka and Boeheim??

if he doesnt get to campus in the fall for games, my guess is hes a been a little busy for the last 33 years July-January(Feb).

his Syracuse accomplishments are minimal in reality. once hes retired, it would be nice to honor him in some capacity for all his football achievments grown from his Syracuse roots, but theres nothing else of Syracuse substance to do now.

Reactions: CIL
wata bout Jim Nance. He seems to get forgotten. He did an admirable job of carrying the torch(and the rock) after Brown and Davis?

lets just take a step back here cali, how about we get a statue of Ernie Davis 1st??

he won the Heisman after all!!

Oh Lord

Hold on just a second here Mr.! I think we should be concentrating on naming the field after him first...

Hold on just a second here Mr.! I think we should be concentrating on naming the field after him first...
Forget that, how about we tear down that old stadium and build a state-of-the-art pressurized dome in it's place? Call me crazy, but I think we could make it work.

Forget that, how about we tear down that old stadium and build a state-of-the-art pressurized dome in it's place? Call me crazy, but I think we could make it work.

You know I like this idea the best. It would definitely help recruiting being able to tell kids they won't have to play in the snow and think of the great kickers we could get every year!

You know I like this idea the best. It would definitely help recruiting being able to tell kids they won't have to play in the snow and think of the great kickers we could get every year!

Think of the great passing attacks we'll be able to have every year, playing under perfect conditions.