Whens the last time a Syracuse Athlete | Syracusefan.com

Whens the last time a Syracuse Athlete

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Had as much pressure on him going into the season as Joe? Honest question, the fanbase seems heated right now.

I have faith in him and think he rises to the occasion. Think it’s time people rally behind the kid a bit rather than be overly critical and negative towards him because we’re fed up with the boss.

Had as much pressure on him going into the season as Joe? Honest question, the fanbase seems heated right now.

I have faith in him and think he rises to the occasion. Think it’s time people rally behind the kid a bit rather than throw scraps at him because we’re fed up with the boss.
Throw scraps at him? Oh man, you've done it now...

I have faith in him and think he rises to the occasion. Think it’s time people rally behind the kid a bit rather than throw scraps at him because we’re fed up with the boss.

Personally, I think the pressure is on JB, not Joe. JB puts him in the position that he's in.

For pressure on the players, I think it's going to fall on Buddy and, to an extent, Benny. We're going to need to score because our defense might not be great.

I have no expectations for Joe, If he does better than what he's been, great. Hope he is. Otherwise I expect him to be par for the course for what he's been.

Personally, I think the pressure is on JB, not Joe. JB puts him in the position that he's in.

For pressure on the players, I think it's going to fall on Buddy and, to an extent, Benny. We're going to need to score because our defense might not be great.

I have no expectations for Joe, If he does better than what he's been, great. Hope he is. Otherwise I expect him to be par for the course for what he's been.
CuseRunner blamed Joe not stepping aside to give Kadary the starting role. Sadly he’s probably not the only fan that thinks that way

I think the fanbase is/has been pissed at JB, but Joe’s going to be an outlet for that anger unfortunately due to the Kadary situation

I have faith in him and think he rises to the occasion. Think it’s time people rally behind the kid a bit rather than be overly critical and negative towards him because we’re fed up with the boss.
Agreed. But the season just ended and we just lost the best true PG we’ve had in years (to Seton Freakin Hall). Give it some time and let people vent. We’ll all be rooting for Joe when next season starts.

I think the fanbase is/has been pissed at JB, but Joe’s going to be an outlet for that anger unfortunately due to the Kadary situation
I do think there will be a lot of pressure on Joe. At this point he has to know what things he needs to work on to rise to those expectations. Some of them are in his control, so he has to work on those first, like not taking bad heat checks, etc. But some of that is his nature that's been drilled into him for so long being the 'guy' that it's going to be really hard to overcome. If his handle doesn't improve, and his lateral quickness, and his ability to get the ball up the court while facing decent pressure, then it's going to be a long season for him. And for us I'm afraid.

Long time ago I remember Mandel Robinson had the pressure of wearing 44, it don’t go well.
Robinson ended up transferring to Wyoming I believe.
I know he wasn’t the last guy, but the question made me think of him.

To answer the question, I think Tommy Devito would have been close this season if we didn’t bring in Shrader

Are you familiar with Troy Nunes?

Not sure people have issues with Joe, more the way he's been handled by JAB. I think most folks are of the impression that he's a third guard that has the ability to play 18-20 MPG and have a solid offensive impact. The backlash, at least from me, is from him being thrown in as a starting ACC point guard shortly after walking on to campus.

Not sure people have issues with Joe, more the way he's been handled by JAB. I think most folks are of the impression that he's a third guard that has the ability to play 18-20 MPG and have a solid offensive impact. The backlash, at least from me, is from him being thrown in as a starting ACC point guard shortly after walking on to campus.

I mean granted Jalen Carey was that bad.

More worried about the dome crowds than our little slice of heaven here on this site. Us diehards will get over it. Casuals and other people can be ruthless though. Some of the stuff I heard at the dome during Buddy’s freshmen year was just downright wrong. Reminds me of Yankees stadium sometimes.

We have a way of policing the board well enough, especially with the mods.

Joe does add a lot to this team and he has taken a game or two over when he gets hot.

Joe is absolutely an asset to this team.

It's his usage patterns that are the larger issue.

(OK - and his shot selection. And inability to break a press.)

He'd be the perfect 3rd guard for a typical Syracuse team of past vintage.
But, he's being asked to do too much, and for too many minutes.

(I realize that none of his is a revelation to any of you)

I'm thinking Phillymoose's daughter when she signed in 2019...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom