Whens the last time a Syracuse Athlete | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Whens the last time a Syracuse Athlete

I stated before...it’s going to be impossible for him.

anyone blaming him for Kadary leaving is a dope
Let's see how good Kadary is in a mid-major program competing against 2 or 3 other point guards. Any kid who "demands" a starting spot isn't worth keeping. Not a team player.

His leaving is NOT Joe's fault. Everybody said he he needed get stronger, the apparent weight gain, was working towards that. The fat jokes are REALLY getting out of hand.

Joe is absolutely an asset to this team.

It's his usage patterns that are the larger issue.

(OK - and his shot selection. And inability to break a press.)

He'd be the perfect 3rd guard for a typical Syracuse team of past vintage.
But, he's being asked to do too much, and for too many minutes.

(I realize that none of his is a revelation to any of you)

Eh.

Not to be contrary to the spirit of the thread, but I don't know about this. Depends on how you define "typical." But as I think about teams where Trevor Cooney redshirted because he wouldn't crack a four-guard rotation and Allen Griffin got relegated from starter to fourth guard, I'm skeptical that Girard would've seen any minutes, much less as a third guard.

In the last five years, sure, that makes more sense.

No, I won't believe any of this. It's just rationalization dressed up as analysis. Joe's bad shots lead directly to points the other way. There is no way that JB wants that.
Rightly or wrongly, JB came to the conclusion that Joe’s shortcomings are better in the long run than anything else. Like giving up rebounds so Marek can play at the 5, he figured it was worth it.
The messed up part of it was that he had alternatives at both positions, but was wedded to the idea that the status quo was better then 2 players who were, in his mind, “not ready”. But yeah, he made that call & ran w/ it.

Last edited:
I think Joe is the kind of young man that is going to work his butt of this offseason and come back much better equipped to handle the pressure. That being said, I would love to land another ACC starting caliber PG and let the best player win the starting job...this time.
Joe just doesn’t have the necessary athleticism for driving and finishing or for defense at the top of the zone. He’ll be fine but we had the star PG we’ve been hoping to land for years—and then he walked out the door after the season.

Last edited:
If I were Joe, I’d use it as motivation for the next 6 months. Best shape of his life, work on his handle, put up a billion shots.

Joe just doesn’t have the necessary athleticism for driving and finishing or for defense in the zone. He’ll be fine but we had the star PG we’ve been hoping we’d land for years—and then he walked out the door after the season.
Joe is a player. He can’t make himself taller. But, he can get in much better shape and he won’t have a COVID setback this year. I hope we somehow land a PG that wins the starting job from Joe. But, I wish that for all positions every year.

I'm thinking Phillymoose's daughter when she signed in 2019...
lol.. nicely done. You may notice she is no longer on the roster after appearing in 6 games with 1 start as a freshman.
Let's just say the program decided to go in a different direction. The only angst that occurred when she entered the portal was from her father and the only one who felt the program would never recover was also her father.

She is happily continuing her career elsewhere.
She's good, and that's all that was necessary for me to (ultimately) return to the orange-loving fold.

lol.. nicely done. You may notice she is no longer on the roster after appearing in 6 games with 1 start as a freshman.
Let's just say the program decided to go in a different direction. The only angst that occurred when she entered the portal was from her father and the only one who felt the program would never recover was also her father.

She is happily continuing her career elsewhere.
She's good, and that's all that was necessary for me to (ultimately) return to the orange-loving fold.
I do apologize. I had no idea.

I remember she had a really good freshman season.

I have heard that same story, or variations on that story, from so many other kids, or from their parents, about college athletics.

Unfortunately, even the Olympic sports are a business and the kids are just a means to an end.

Where is she playing and how is she doing?

Yeah. Sorry, I get sensitive over our football Orange sometimes.
Trust me, I defend it to no end myself, everything said I can’t wait to get into the dome this year to watch some football.

I do apologize. I had no idea.

I remember she had a really good freshman season.

I have heard that same story, or variations on that story, from so many other kids, or from their parents, about college athletics.

Unfortunately, even the Olympic sports are a business and the kids are just a means to an end.

Where is she playing and how is she doing?
No worries. She's doing great. Transferred to Univ. of Tampa (D2), and has already played 7 games as part of her new team's Spring schedule. Still has 3 years of eligibility ... at the end of the day, she just wants to play.

I will say this - there is so much going on behind the scenes with every team and with every program (in every sport) at every school and these situations are almost never black and white.

Most of the "fan" base think Kardary is a backup who left for greener pastures. We were a streaky sweet 16 team, and likely will play at about the same level next season. i dont see all the added pressure.

And to just answer the question, Devito came in with a lot more pressure the year after Dungey graduated. What was that, two falls ago?
Strange, but most of the “fan” base I read think Kadary is a lottery pick who was destined to start for Kentucky or FSU next year. Maybe we’re ignoring different people on these threads! :p

No worries. She's doing great. Transferred to Univ. of Tampa (D2), and has already played 7 games as part of her new team's Spring schedule. Still has 3 years of eligibility ... at the end of the day, she just wants to play.

I will say this - there is so much going on behind the scenes with every team and with every program (in every sport) at every school and these situations are almost never black and white.
Glad to hear. Coming from Santa Monica, I'm guessing the Tampa weather may also be more to her liking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom