Where do you draft Clowney? | Syracusefan.com

Where do you draft Clowney?

SouthernCuse

Starter
Atl I think is in the 6 slot and will take him if he drops, but will he? Some scouts will be drooling over his meaurables.
I think the kid set a record today for taking the least time after a bowl game to declare for the draft. Did he just take the year off? Or were the expectations set too high by the media?
Too early for draft talk I know, but I saw the news on espn today and started wondering.

Draft experts have many doubts about his character and his work ethic. He is not skilled, just very athletic. They're not sure if he will work hard enough on the development of his skills to make it big in the NFL.

i know the NYT ran a piece last sunday basically apologizing for overhyping him preseason.

Top draft choice of the South Carolina penal system.

Khalil Mack will be the DROY.

#1. Maybe look at cutler in free agency or the #2 pick for a qb. That team is loaded. Pretty similar to the chiefs. Get qb and coach worked out and the pieces pretty much fall into place.

Worst case he wont go below #5. I would take Johnny Football #1. Just me

If your team needs a QB, take the QB. If not, he's #1.

I think Houston needs a QB more than a pass rusher at this pt.

If your team needs a QB, take the QB. If not, he's #1.

I think Houston needs a QB more than a pass rusher at this pt.

Rams at 2. Tressman isn't losing Cutler. Texans must draft a QB. Quinn and Clowney with Long could be the best D-line in the NFL.

djcon57 said:
If your team needs a QB, take the QB. If not, he's #1. I think Houston needs a QB more than a pass rusher at this pt.
Any team who could get him needs a qb

Clowney squares me that high. He is an accident waiting to happen I am afraid.

Any team who could get him needs a qb

Rams are gonna give Bradford another shot. He signed for 50 mil of guaranteed $ in 2011. I imagine they will take Clowney at 2 and draft a QB at 13 or later in the draft in rounds 2 or 3. I'd like them to take Evans at 13.

I'd be shocked and annoyed if Clowney doesn't go to St. Louis at #2.

I don't draft him knowing that someone else will before my next pick. Most nfl coaches are only a 4-12 season away from being canned and Clowney isn't a guy I'd bet my career on.

Texans either love Bridgewater at 1 or should look to trade down a few spots and add a mid round pick. Clowney might fit in St Louis but they need offensive playmakers. Weird draft for teams needs vs draft position.

I don't draft him knowing that someone else will before my next pick. Most nfl coaches are only a 4-12 season away from being canned and Clowney isn't a guy I'd bet my career on.

Texans either love Bridgewater at 1 or should look to trade down a few spots and add a mid round pick. Clowney might fit in St Louis but they need offensive playmakers. Weird draft for teams needs vs draft position.

Agreed but no one in this draft is a savior. You go 4-12 and pass on Clowney, that might do you in, if Clowney plays to his potential.

Rams have Tavon Austin in the slot and a host a capable #2 WR. They need a #1 WR. I say draft Clowney and Evans. Unless there is a can't miss OL.

Worst case he wont go below #5. I would take Johnny Football #1. Just me

Yup, I think he's Jim McMahon, just what that generic franchise needs. C'mon Houston do it.

Agreed but no one in this draft is a savior. You go 4-12 and pass on Clowney, that might do you in, if Clowney plays to his potential.

Rams have Tavon Austin in the slot and a host a capable #2 WR. They need a #1 WR. I say draft Clowney and Evans. Unless there is a can't miss OL.

That OT from aTm might be your guy. Admittedly I'm not super familiar with the Rams and have paid less attention to the nfl not playing fantasy football anymore.

I'm scared that he's another Albert Haynesworth. He can be dominant if he chooses to, but will he choose to be after a huge payday. He seemed to take a lot of snaps off this year, so what will he do when his bank account starts getting EFT's every week (or however often they do it)? If I'm one of those teams without a specific need and I can take the best available, I'd take him middle of the first round (kinda like the Vikings with Randy Moss).