Where does ADJW stand with everything? | Syracusefan.com

Where does ADJW stand with everything?

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
I know the dome reno and football make for a more enjoyable interview but does anyone close to Wildhack have a pulse on what he's thinking about hoops and the state of the program? SU Dreaming's comments have me very concerned if John truly thinks JB walks on water.

pfister1

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
I know the dome reno and football make for a more enjoyable interview but does anyone close to Wildhack have a pulse on what he's thinking about hoops and the state of the program? SU Dreaming's comments have me very concerned if John truly thinks JB walks on water.

Probably not a question of Wildhack thinking JB walks on water. Probably more of a question as to how much political capital among the Trustees and donors does JB have? Even if here were inclinded to do so, he can't do anything if the Board would support JB over him and/or if it would cost him a significant portion of the hoops donor base.

It's easy to move on a young or short tenured coach who is struggling. Not so easy with a guy with the tenure and political clout of JB.

FrancoPizza

Probably not a question of Wildhack thinking JB walks on water. Probably more of a question as to how much political capital among the Trustees and donors does JB have? Even if here were inclinded to do so, he can't do anything if the Board would support JB over him and/or if it would cost him a significant portion of the hoops donor base.

It's easy to move on a young or short tenured coach who is struggling. Not so easy with a guy with the tenure and political clout of JB.
So you're saying the big donors and trustees are ok with the state of the program?

pfister1

So you're saying the big donors and trustees are ok with the state of the program?

No. I’m saying their opinion matters most and because they are as involved as they are, they are more likely to know JB on a personal level and be much less likely to have the itchy trigger fingers that the regular fan base might.

FrancoPizza

No. I’m saying their opinion matters most and because they are as involved as they are, they are more likely to know JB on a personal level and be much less likely to have the itchy trigger fingers that the regular fan base might.
In the business world those trustees would recuse themselves on such a personnel matter.

pfister1

In the business world those trustees would recuse themselves on such a personnel matter.

Yeah didn’t really mean CTO level personal relationship. Was thinking more of the personal level that access affords you.

Last edited:

hoopsupstate

Hall of Fame
Don’t forget they are spending over $200 million to renovate the Dome. They some return on their investment.

SBU72

All Conference
Don’t forget they are spending over $200 million to renovate the Dome. They some return on their investment.
When do the renovations begin and what impact will the work have on b-ball? Can't see b-ball income decreasing enough over the next 3 years to impact the AD's ability to force a coaching change. Remember that the schedule changes next year with 1 more ACC home game. That alone could overcome a slight attendance drop if the team really falters next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ottoman

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom