Where does this rank in the list of all time good things that have happened to Cuse basketball | Syracusefan.com

Where does this rank in the list of all time good things that have happened to Cuse basketball

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Battle coming back might not crack the top ten in Syracuse history unless Cuse wins the whole enchilada but this is excellent news.

1) Boeheim hires Troy Weaver. On the surface this one is hard to believe, since JAB has gone with a lot of Cuse guys on his staff. Yes, he had Wayne Morgan before he had Troy Weaver, and Morgan was a solid assistant coach but he never recruited Carmelo Anthony.

2) Julius Hodge spurns Cuse for NC State. I mean, c'mon. Who wouldn't want to be Orange Julius. Well, fortunately for us, Hodge didn't want to be. Enter Queen Warrick and her son Hakim. What did he do for Syracuse? Only, the single greatest play in Syracuse history.

3) John Wallace. Another four year solid stud. Came to Syracuse when probation #1 hit. What did Wallace do for Syracuse. Only led the team to the national championship game vs the UK NBA team. Cuse is in the House. Oh my God!!!

4) Pearl Washington. This is a two part entry. Part One: Pearl coming to Syracuse put the Orangemen on the national ESPN map. Everyone learned about the Carrier Dome, Jim Boeheim and the Big East Conference. Part Two: Pearl leaves early for the NBA and opens up playing time for Sherman Douglas. What did Sherm do. Left the Dome as the All time leader in NCAA history in Assists despite only having 57 in the year he sat behind the Pearl.

Few others would be worse... Richmond and Arkansas in the tourny come to mind. But this would be in the hall of fame of suck.

The disappointment would be the tease today that he was staying. Was anyone ever expecting him to come back? I wasn't.

Nowhere near the Richmond loss. It was the macho grande I didn't think I'd ever get over (2003 and UVA losing this year have moved me past it).

How about not calling 5 seconds when Wallace inbounded against Georgia?

Will be behind our 2019 national championship as well

Do we really have a legit chance to win the national title next year? As in just as good of a chance as anyone else in the country?

Do we really have a legit chance to win the national title next year? As in just as good of a chance as anyone else in the country?
We didn't have much outside shooting this year. I think that would be main thing holding us back.

I think something like this needs to be in a different category than like 2003.

Off the top of my head (1999 on) - Battle returns, Warrick via Hodge, the UVA comeback, getting into the 2018 tournament, the comeback at Kansas in 2008, the Michigan St win this past March, the 2009-10 season. Tons more.

All time depends what happens on court. Could be from top 5 to an afterthought.

+1. This board has been high on things before, only to be let down. I'm not keeping count, but maybe SWC75 can come up with some stats on that sort of thing. ;)