Which player are you most excited about next year? | Syracusefan.com

Which player are you most excited about next year?

20Plus

I would say I’m most excited to see Quincy who needs to be the second best player on this team next to Hughes.

But there are so many more players that we just don’t know exactly what we have. And other important players I’m highly interested in seeing what they have on the floor are Carey, Braswell, Girard, and health of Sidbe

Carey -- who I view as the key to the season. If he comes back as a go to type of player, then we could be much better than projected.

Also very interested in seeing whether Sidibe's gimpy legs finally heal, putting him back on track.

But every time we bring in a large class like this [5 players], there are so many new faces that it will be interesting to see what they all can do. Looking forward to seeing QG is the real deal as a 6-7 225 pound "small" forward, seeing what Goodine / Girard are capable of, and how ready the two frosh bigs are to contribute.

Last edited:
For me it's Carey. IMO this teams success is going to hinge on his ability get the transition game going and/or to beat his man off the bounce in the half court set. I think the potential is there but there are going to be some growing pains with him.

Other than him, believe it or not, Sidibe and the center position as a whole. With the loss of OB there is going to be a huge whole to fill with rebounding and MD will likely continue to struggle for stretches against higher level competition in the paint due to his size. If Sidibe is healthy (I know this could be a stretch) this team is much much better. He has good hands, solid shot blocking instincts/ability, rebounds well and has a lot of experience playing in the system. This also would allow us to move MD to the 4 for large stretches. But if he is the player we saw last year then im cautiously excited to see what Edwards/JBA can do, but I think there will be a significant drop off there. Again JMHO.

Carey -- who I view as the key to the season. If he comes back as a go to type of player, then we could be much better than projected.

Also very interested in seeing whether Sidibe's gimpy legs finally heal, putting him back on track.

But every time we bring in a large class like this [5 players], there are so many new faces that it will be interesting to see what they all can do. Looking forward to seeing QG, seeing what Goodine / Girard are capable of, and how ready the two frosh bigs are to contribute.

Looks like you beat me to the punch. I was typing up my thoughts as you were posting. It will be an interesting year for sure.

Edwards and JBA...because I really feel positions 1-4 on this team are solid. If we can get good production out of the 5 look out, this team is dangerous. If not we're in for another frustrating season.

Braswell the kid has the potential to be a great one

I think Braswell will be very good for us - eventually.
He definitely looks to fit the Southerland/BJ Johnson mold of a skinny shooter with great athleticism.

But - he's likely the 4th Forward in a 3 Forward rotation with:
Elijah, Marek, and QG.

I don't think he gets enough run with those guys ahead of him, to really shine this year.

Now, IF he can force JB to play him because he's playing so well (like CJ Fair did, for instance) then that only bodes all the better for the team overall.

Braswell.

I think he will make his way into 12+ minutes/game.

Buddy is the one I'm most curious about. As a coach's kid, he has been taught the fundamentals and feel for the game, and that's usually an area where a lot of guys improve. I don't know that he has a lot of room to grow there. His room to grow is likely more on the s&c side - how much better can he get as a basketball player by focusing on the physical aspects of the game?

Most excited about Carey. I think he'll explode. His diminishing minute and turnovers are coloring perception of him, but there were times when he flashed a lot of ability to disrupt another team's offense, and he showed just enough driving and with a pull up game that I believe once he's comfortable his scoring will happen naturally.

Like mentioned above Jalen is very important...but who am I most excited to see? Honestly probably Joe. Would love to see him earn some playing time right off the bat.

Marek. He has way more to his game than he has shown. One man fast break, a green light, not having to play center and all those shooters to kick it to.

Braswell.

I think he will make his way into 12+ minutes/game.

Most excited about a guy potentially getting 6 mins per half huh?

Uh Elijah Hughes. Gamebreaker talent and a lot of attittude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom