Which recruit was paid the most? Which program is the dirtiest? | Syracusefan.com

Which recruit was paid the most? Which program is the dirtiest?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
In the history of college recruiting, which player do you think received the largest payoff to go to a program?

Which program do you think has been historically the dirtiest in recruiting?

As I recall, Cam Newton's father received, what some reported as, $200,000 from Auburn "supporters." The NCAA's response was that Cam was not responsible for his father's transgressions. Therefore, no punishment was indicated and Auburn can keep their National Championship and Cam can keep his Heisman Trophy!

I don't know if this is the dirtiest program, but it has to rank as #1 miscarriage of justice.

My guess for program is SMU.
While i have no prof i'm thinking they are small time anymore ... They are better at the loopholes and just plain hiding it .

Any team coached by Urban Meyer.

Probably those old SWC schools with Oklahoma thrown in. Dirtiest more recently, the Mississippi schools, Florida, Miami.

I had a friend who was recruited by Urban Meyer back when he was a position coach, and he absolutely loved him - still does. My understanding is that recruiting-wise, the guy's like Swagdaddy on steroids - just uber charasmatic. He was also recruited at Syracuse by Eddie O, who he also liked a lot, but more in a clownish, fun-loving kind of way.

Last edited:
In the history of college recruiting, which player do you think received the largest payoff to go to a program?

ACC Refs! That's right, I'm talking about you Duke and Clemson. The "good 'ol boys"! Oh wait, you're asking about recruits, never mind. ;)

Every program in the SEC.

And what's even more amazing is that the SEC commissioner is the same sanctimonious AH who threw the book at SU for the equivalent of SEC traffic infractions: some footnotes, a kid that smoked marijuana and 'improper' wages for reffing Y games.

Last edited:
As I recall, Cam Newton's father received, what some reported as, $200,000 from Auburn "supporters." The NCAA's response was that Cam was not responsible for his father's transgressions. Therefore, no punishment was indicated and Auburn can keep their National Championship and Cam can keep his Heisman Trophy!

I don't know if this is the dirtiest program, but it has to rank as #1 miscarriage of justice.
Not in their wheelhouse

Probably those old SWC schools with Oklahoma thrown in. Dirtiest more recently, the Mississippi schools, Florida, Miami.

I had a friend who was recruited by Urban Meyer back when he was a position coach, and he absolutely loved him - still does. My understanding is that recruiting-wise, the guy's like Swagdaddy and steroids - just uber charasmatic. He was also recruited at Syracuse by Eddie O, who he also liked a lot, but more in a clownish, fun-loving kind of way.

The Mississippi schools are DIRRRRRTYYYY...

Still irks me that Pete Carroll simply ditched them for the Seahawks, and was basically able to walk away unscathed. I don't know how the NCAA could have possibly punished him, but it isn't right

That one bothered me as well. He should have got a show-cause applied to if/when he tried to coach collegiately again.

In recent history - Baylor.

Which program do you think has been historically the dirtiest in recruiting?

I would say USC, but it’s all about the []_[].

*The entire SEC not named Vanderbilt had an impressively strong showing.

I know the Mississippi schools are dirty but we should recall that Cam Newton's dad "cost" too much so Cam Newton went to Auburn.

All SEC schools belong on the list, I think Auburn and Alabama lead the way.

I know the Mississippi schools are dirty but we should recall that Cam Newton's dad "cost" too much so Cam Newton went to Auburn.

All SEC schools belong on the list, I think Auburn and Alabama lead the way.
If ONE known payment to a 4star(ranked 167) is $180k? Can't imagine how much the rest of the sec players are making.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom