Which scenario would put us in better position | Syracusefan.com

Which scenario would put us in better position

20Plus

Scenario one 2-1
Win two in a row and lose Wednesday

Scenario two finish 3-2
Split our last two games and now have to play Tuesday

Win Tuesday for our (2) win then play Wednesday and win Wednesday (3) and then lose Thursday.
3-2

I know both might not be enough but which one

Scenario one 2-1

Scenario two finish 3-2

Win Tuesday for our (2) win then play Wednesday and win Wednesday (3) and then lose Thursday.
3-2

#1 would be better, except for once scenario It does seem that if we get to 9-9 there will be 10 teams in the ACC with that record or better. If we were #10 and lost to Pitt, that would be really, really bad. If we did that we should be banned from the ACC tournament forever!

If we end up 9 or above, I would think we are in safely, because that first game would not be a bad loss.

#2 - To me it really comes down to getting 2 quality wins (Q1 or Q2) before the season is over... and one would probably need to be Q1. So if that one win is Clemson, it would serve us much better.

#1 would be better, except for once scenario It does seem that if we get to 9-9 there will be 10 teams in the ACC with that record or better. If we were #10 and lost to Pitt, that would be really, really bad. If we did that we should be banned from the ACC tournament forever!

If we end up 9 or above, I would think we are in safely, because that first game would not be a bad loss.

#2 - To me it really comes down to getting 2 quality wins (Q1 or Q2) before the season is over... and one would probably need to be Q1. So if that one win is Clemson, it would serve us much better.
Yes because Boston College lost today that would not be a quadrant one win
so if we have to win one game it’s Clemson

Nobody thinks we need four wins to feel safe?!

To feel 100% safe of not only Committee Judgment but Committee Error entering Selection SundayI suppose 4 wins may be necessary.

But I really don't think we need that. 2 Quality Wins (including one Q1 Win) and no bad losses makes me feel reasonably good. That might dictate we need 3 wins, because at 8-10 we would need to get a meaningless win in Round 1 of the ACC.

Yes because Boston College lost today that would not be a quadrant one win
so if we have to win one game it’s Clemson
BC was never close to being a Q1 win. Their loss yesterday didn't move them from Q2 to Q1. They've been in the 90's for weeks. They are now 100. They would need to be 75 or better to be a Q1 road win.

Agree, however, that if you need to win one game, it's Clemson. Again, that assumes the committee is weighing good wins more than bad losses.

dc797220eca0110d3b4b6010-l.jpg

It's not a multiple choice test.

boston college is 6-10 in conference. beating them does nothing for us. lose to BC and we best make the ACC finals.

win 3 games before selection sunday i feel reasonably good(75%) about our chances.
win 2 but 1 is clemson id say 40%
win 2 but just bc and wake or pitt id say 20%
win 4 100%

Last edited:
its looking very likely we end up in 8-9 game if we win 2 games this week

Scenario one 2-1

Scenario two finish 3-2

3-2

I think Scenario 2 would be better. It's more wins and going farther in the ACCT is better for the human perception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom