Which unit will show the most improvement | Syracusefan.com

Which unit will show the most improvement

kcsu

Living Legend
My money is on the OL. Im sure Adams is a great all around coach and person but D1 isnt the level to learn a new position to coach. I expect a huge improvement.

I think all the young guys who redshirted are going to be really good. I see some 3-4 year starters out of that group.

Has to be the secondary. They were terrible last year so only place to go is up. Also they will be in a more conservative defense with (hopefully) less chance they become exposed.

Has to be the secondary. They were terrible last year so only place to go is up. Also they will be in a more conservative defense with (hopefully) less chance they become exposed.

I agree that this unit will play "better" than they did in 2015, but I'm worried how the lack of pass rush / issues at DE might make it difficult to see the improvement, at least this year. Really wish Ron Thompson had returned.

My money is on the OL. Im sure Adams is a great all around coach and person but D1 isnt the level to learn a new position to coach. I expect a huge improvement.
Lynch never coached Offensive Line until last year. Although he did play it.

Secondary or Running Backs.

think Fredericks is gonna be great this year.

As a unit, should be the secondary. As TOP mentioned, they were pretty terrible last year. Must improve tackling and cut down on stupid penalties. I'm still concerned with the lack of size in that group. That should improve over the next two recruiting cycles.

WRs. Even if just by sheer numbers.

WRs. Even if just by sheer numbers.
That's what I was thinking. With a new system there are two ways two think about this question, production versus execution. Our WR's could execute this system the same as they did last year's and be much more productive.

Productivity: WR
Execution: Secondary

Last edited:
Secondary.
Defense in general was exceptionally young in 2015. We have a big group of DBs returning, plus a juco in Moore -- should be lots of competition for roles; maybe some shuffling to find the best starting group.

Secondary

We were super-young. Bowling Green was #8 nationally in INT's.

Defensive Ends

Coming from zero, there has to be improvement.

WR and secondary
WR for the pure fact we will be running 4-5 plus improved coaching of the position
Secondary was terrible for a number of reasons, with a year of experience under their belt's and moving to the Tampa 2 we should see a big improvement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom