Whiplash, well worth the awards it got | Syracusefan.com

Whiplash, well worth the awards it got

upperdeck

Living Legend
I know its not a perfect portrayal of a jazz drummer, but its pretty close, well done, reminds me a few tirades our conductor went on back in day when you could swear at kids.

jk simmons was assume in that roll.. so many things done without saying a word..

yeah.. my english issues are well known.. ask my kids.. much like my typing skills.. thats why i am a coder not a writer

Should have won Best Picture, IMHO, and I saw all of the nominees. But I am crazy for this film . . . saw it again last weekend for the 4th time. I also think that the biggest omission of the awards season was Miles Teller not getting any acknowledgement as Best Actor.

Saw all 8 movies and Birdman, Boyhood, and Whiplash twice each, and Whiplash was absolutely my favorite of the bunch. Think being on a smaller scale as a film probably hurt it when compared to those two, but man, it is just spellbinding. Simmons and Teller had two of the 10 or so best performances of the year, IMO

I made my daughter watch it since she is in HS and wanted her to compare it to real life band. she said the whole movie she kept flipping back and and forth to like it/not like it/ but didnt know why she felt so conflicted.. then when it ended she was like no it can be over because it had sucked her in..

I made my daughter watch it since she is in HS and wanted her to compare it to real life band. she said the whole movie she kept flipping back and and forth to like it/not like it/ but didnt know why she felt so conflicted.. then when it ended she was like no it can be over because it had sucked her in..
the last 10 minutes are electric . . .I've seen it 4 times and I still get goosebumps

just guessing it's probably up there on kaleb joseph's least favorite movie list.

the last 10 minutes are electric . . .I've seen it 4 times and I still get goosebumps

That last scene is my favorite in a long time. After I saw it in theaters I just sat in my seat just absorbing everything for like 10 minutes afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom