Votes: 40 49.4%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • FSU

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Clemson

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
I think most will go with Louisville and maybe that's right. But I'm thinking about the teams where they have more of chance to have offensive deficiencies. FSU could be that team. New QB or guy who hasn't been able to hold down the job. Playing in the dome (which by then, people will have seen that we are capable of putting up points and hanging with anyone) gives us more of an edge than we've felt in a loooong time.

I would love for it to be Louisville, that would mean getting off to a fast start.

That game is such an unbelievably huge opportunity for this program. We have a warmup game the week before to work out the kinks. A home game against a ranked opponent on national TV with a returning starting QB. No excuses.

Who do we upset this year? Probably about 60%-70% of this board ;)
Exactly what I was thinking. Even if we win 8-9 games the curmudgeons will still rear their ugly heads.

Who do we upset this year? Probably about 60%-70% of this board ;)
I'd like the team to upset the sensibilities of the traditionalists. You know, the type of people who will email Bud and say Babers' offense is an affront to the game and that it causes people to stand too much.

To many question marks to answer that question right now. Need to see what this team looks like vs Colgate to get a feel. Colgate is a pretty good FCS team who returns nearly everybody from a deep playoff run. This is the exact opposite of the Rhode Island game. So I am interested to see how our D and O looks going up against them before making any predictions.

To many question marks to answer that question right now. Need to see what this team looks like vs Colgate to get a feel. Colgate is a pretty good FCS team who returns nearly everybody from a deep playoff run. This is the exact opposite of the Rhode Island game. So I am interested to see how our D and O looks going up against them before making any predictions.
Who was 'Gate's RB that put up about 200 on us when Nassib through 5 TD's?

Edit: Nate Eachus, kid was a horse. It was only 147 and in 2010... Has kicked around the NFL since 2012, current FA.

Who was 'Gate's RB that put up about 200 on us when Nassib through 5 TD's?

Edit: Nate Eachus, kid was a horse. It was only 147 and in 2010... Has kicked around the NFL since 2012, current FA.

Colgate had a nice run game but they had probably the worst passing game I have ever seen, I think they might have attempted 5 passes the entire game. Felt Like I was watching Solvay circa 1999, it was embarrassingly bad.

Colgate had a nice run game but they had probably the worst passing game I have ever seen, I think they might have attempted 5 passes the entire game. Felt Like I was watching Solvay circa 1999, it was embarrassingly bad.
IIRC, their QB was from Monroe-Woodbury, and was the losing QB in the state title game against Auburn in 2006.

Without a doubt, I think Clemson. Crazy right!

And, I don't consider Louisville an upset.
untitled4.png

I would love for it to be Louisville, that would mean getting off to a fast start.
I love it too but SU has historically (last 50 years) been a slow-starting team. I think that an upset might occur later in the season if we can stay healthy.

SU68 said:
I love it too but SU has historically (last 50 years) been a slow-starting team. I think that an upset might occur later in the season if we can stay healthy.

Yeah, but we've not a coach or system like this one. I think history is just that.

I voted for Louisville, but I think we beat Notre Dame also, the Irish are due for a game that they fall flat on their face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom