Who Do You Want Week 1 Next Year? | Syracusefan.com

Who Do You Want Week 1 Next Year?

FRANKIEFAN

Hall of Fame
I'm pretending this year never happened so lets talk about which game we want to open with before a very important game in Piscattaway. We lose that game the dark ages are back and it might be for longer than the grob era.

With Taggart being fired its very likely that the 4 weakest ACC opponents next year are all at home (FSU/Ville/GT/NC State.)

So where do you want to go week 1? BC, Clemson, Pitt, Wake.

In order for me:

1. BC- Please please please let us play this game early for once. Pretty sure we never played them early in the OBE. We've won easily last 2 games in Chestnut Hill and had more fans than them at both. I can take public trans to it. Game we are most likely to win.

2. Clemson- Get it out of the way. If we can avoid injuries I think its a great warmup for Rutgers since playing them will be way easier in comparison.

3. Pitt- Why not have we ever played them this early? I've never been to that city and likely won't for anything other than SU sports so might as well go when its warm.

4. Wake- Please no. Likely 2nd straight game vs them. Hopefully that factors into not getting them. I think we are more likely to win in 3 weeks than an opener down there.

My predition: 80% chance its Clemson. 10% chance its Wake. 5% each Pitt and BC.

I'm pretending this year never happened so lets talk about which game we want to open with before a very important game in Piscattaway. We lose that game the dark ages are back and it might be for longer than the grob era.

With Taggart being fired its very likely that the 4 weakest ACC opponents next year are all at home (FSU/Ville/GT/NC State.)

In order for me:

1. BC- Please please please let us play this game early for once. Pretty sure we never played them early in the OBE. We've won easily last 2 games in Chestnut Hill and had more fans than them at both. I can take public trans to it. Game we are most likely to win.

2. Clemson- Get it out of the way. If we can avoid injuries I think its a great warmup for Rutgers since playing them will be way easier in comparison.

3. Pitt- Why not have we ever played them this early? I've never been to that city and likely won't for anything other than SU sports so might as well go when its warm.

4. Wake- Please no. Likely 2nd straight game vs them. Hopefully that factors into not getting them. I think we are more likely to win in 3 weeks than an opener down there.

it’s well known I believe that we have Clemson opening weekend as they are the only other ACC team that we play next season with an opening on opening weekend

it’s well known I believe that we have Clemson opening weekend as they are the only other ACC team that we play next season with an opening on opening weekend if I’m not mistaken

Ah good call.

I just checked those teams schedules.

I'd be pissed if I were a Wake fan. Their AD moved the ND game to Charlotte. And App St Week 2 is upset city.

In order for me:

yeah just double checked, it will be Clemson opening weekend at Clemson unless we move a game but that’s highly unlikely and we won’t be playing at home opening weekend

yeah just double checked, it will be Clemson opening weekend at Clemson unless we move a game but that’s highly unlikely and we won’t be playing at home opening weekend

Wonder what the TV situation is. And how likely a Thursday nighter.

ACCN have dibs on it? Clemson-GT to kick off the network might have been a 1 off like our UVA hoops opener. But I'm sure they'd want it over the other openers. Couple extra days for week 2 would help.

Like the forward thinking of this thread. It helps.

yea colgate is supposed to be the new dome opener next year on 9/18(and the only home september game)

Louisville or NC State will be last home game. Fsu orange central weekend

so when actually going thru all the non conference games planned for week 1 next year there are 5 teams without games that week: Syracuse, Clemson, georgia Tech, NC State and Louisville. Assuming no one is taking a bye then there will be at least 1 team moving a game to that week with Louisville or Gt as prime candidates to move non conference games.

so when actually going thru all the non conference games planned for week 1 next year there are 5 teams without games that week: Syracuse, Clemson, georgia Tech, NC State and Louisville. Assuming no one is taking a bye then there will be at least 1 team moving a game to that week with Louisville or Gt as prime candidates to move non conference games.
GT, NCSU, and L'Ville are all home games for SU next season.

I could UConn moving it’s UMass season opener game to later in the season.
UConn going to Western Michigan instead of us and Syracuse opening at UConn.

GT, NCSU, and L'Ville are all home games for SU next season.
I was just pointing out we are not only ones playing a conference game and that somebody is moving a game into week 1[/QUOTE]

I could UConn moving it’s UMass season opener game to later in the season.
UConn going to Western Michigan instead of us and Syracuse opening at UConn.
Unless that is the first game of a 2-for-1 with two games in the Dome, no thanks. Preferably a 3- or 4-for-1.

Unless that is the first game of a 2-for-1 with two games in the Dome, no thanks. Preferably a 3- or 4-for-1.
Don’t disagree with you but I am just saying what I am saying. Hint.

The 2018 Syracuse team or something that resembles it.

Oh, my bad, who do I want to have us play? How about Morrisville?

Wonder what the TV situation is. And how likely a Thursday nighter.

ACCN have dibs on it? Clemson-GT to kick off the network might have been a 1 off like our UVA hoops opener. But I'm sure they'd want it over the other openers. Couple extra days for week 2 would help.

Game Day

Opening @Liberty and @UConn back to back years would be embarrassing

Don’t disagree with you but I am just saying what I am saying. Hint.

Don’t we already have 4 non conference games already lined up? 2 already on the road?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom