Class of 2014 - Who else could possibly be included | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Who else could possibly be included

Flacusian

All Conference
in addition to KJ and CM? It seems that the two needs which were identified by the staff were met and were met with players which were specifically selected to dovetail into the needs of the program. Whitehead is undoubtedly an elite talent but in spite of that Joseph was ardently pursued. Goodluck certainly has attributes which would help the program down the road.

There certainly exists factors about players which are known only to the coaching staff and those privy to such information who are close to the program. The bottom line is that the results which we have all seen over the past 5 years clearly demonstrate that JB has tweeked the manner in which he utilizes his players and he has honed the recruiting process to ensure that he has the personnel to fill the specific needs as he sees them.

I think that JB is at the absolute pinnacle of his coaching/ recruiting game right now and although the selection of a particular player over another may seem to run counter-intuitive to conventional wisdom, JB is in complete and utter control of the process and knows what he is doing on a level that few of us could ever possibly hope to fully comprehend. For that reason I just trust that who we get is the best available for all the right reasons and that JB and the staff have it all totally under control. It's just an absolutely awesome and exciting time to be a Syracuse Basketball fan.

2014/2015 3 point shooting?

BJ Johnson.

Three-Goggles3.jpg

Only possible '14 recruit left is Whitehead. Put too much time into him when we knew we were heavy favorites for Joseph not to be some interest. But assuming that's unlikely ya pocket the scholly for '15. Jones and Bryant are 1A and 1B to me. Then a pool of Diallo or Diagne and Richardson or Briscoe (if we have any shot there still... may be done to AZ).

We need 3pt shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On paper, we might have a bunch of them already on the roster - Trevor, of course (if he can shake the yips), Gbinije was a very good 3 point shooter, BJ Johnson has a pretty good stroke (release is a little slow & mechanical, but he hits them), and even Patterson is thought to be a pretty decent 3 point shooter. Then, you've got Fair, who hit something like 46% last year.

But I still agree. You can never have too many 3 point shooters. Duke is like that every year.

BJ Johnson has a pretty good stroke (release is a little slow & mechanical, but he hits them)

For BJ, I think his height negates the slow release. He's going to be shooting over people for the most part. I'm more concerned that generally freshmen struggle to make 3s.

On paper, we might have a bunch of them already on the roster - Trevor, of course (if he can shake the yips), Gbinije was a very good 3 point shooter, BJ Johnson has a pretty good stroke (release is a little slow & mechanical, but he hits them), and even Patterson is thought to be a pretty decent 3 point shooter. Then, you've got Fair, who hit something like 46% last year.

But I still agree. You can never have too many 3 point shooters. Duke is like that every year.

We are going to need to have more 3pt shooters. Without them it limits the rotations some. Ennis has that in between game which will help a lot too. Cooney should be our main guy though considering he has the sweetest stroke and as he showed against Gtownsucks that he can get hot.

BJ and Buss are both already talented three point shooters.

Cooney needs to get some confidence.

Silent G has already established a solid to gifted collegiate level 3 pt shot from what I've seen myself.

Fair though limited in his 3 attempts should remain around a 42-43% shooter this year assuming he takes more shots.

Grant and Ennis I have no idea...

Don't know how talented of a 3 pt shooter Ennis is... and I almost hope that Grant eliminates the 3 from his game and just attacks, attacks and attacks...and develop a silky mid range jumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom