Who Has it Worse Than Us | Syracusefan.com

Who Has it Worse Than Us

anomander

Living Legend
I’m having a hard time coming up with a once proud program that can’t seem to get things going again? I’m not talking about Kansas who always sucked, but an annual top 25 program for over a decade and now we struggle to even make it to bowl games on a consistent basis.

maybe Arkansas? But they even had a good run under Petrino ?

Are we the most tortured fan base? I’m going to say yes.

Florida State. That's a program that should be a perennial Top 25 team just off of the talent they get. They're quickly becoming an afterthought in the conference. The damage that Jimbo Fisher did in his last season is still impacting them to this day.

Well we’ve had good runs too. Just can’t sustain it long term. Most programs can’t. Until we physically move to the university to a warm weather climate in a talent rich area we will be what we are.

Tennessee has been pretty basic for a long time. 71-67 since 2007.

Obviously that’s better than we have been...but they were also way better than us in our respective good years.

They went from perennial top 10 program to perennial .500 team.

Tennessee has been pretty basic for a long time. 71-67 since 2007.

Obviously that’s better than we have been...but they were also way better than us in our respective good years.

They went from perennial top 10 program to perennial .500 team.
Good one there yep

Well we’ve had good runs too. Just can’t sustain it long term. Most programs can’t. Until we physically move to the university to a warm weather climate in a talent rich area we will be what we are.
So you’re saying global warming is a good thing?

**All: PLEASE don’t turn this comment into the impetus for a political debate. I’m making a bad joke about Syracuse/Syracuse football.**

Considering their location maybe Cal? They used to have good teams but only 3 bowl games since 2012, same as us.
Aren’t they also crazily in debt?

I know most AD’s sell bonds, esp. to pay for long term capital projects, but I think they’re in Maryland levels of debt.

...Cal to the B1G? (I’m joking)

I’ll take Nebraska. They used to be *the* team. Now they’re fighting to be a second level team in their division, which is the B division of the B1G.

They also don’t have a second sport. At least we have basketball and lacrosse. They have corn and (I’m guessing) corn hole. (Unless they call it “bags.”)

Aren’t they also crazily in debt?

I know most AD’s sell bonds, esp. to pay for long term capital projects, but I think they’re in Maryland levels of debt.

...Cal to the B1G? (I’m joking)

That could def help explain their decline

I’m having a hard time coming up with a once proud program that can’t seem to get things going again? I’m not talking about Kansas who always sucked, but an annual top 25 program for over a decade and now we struggle to even make it to bowl games on a consistent basis.

maybe Arkansas? But they even had a good run under Petrino ?

Are we the most tortured fan base? I’m going to say yes.

I wish Syracuse Fan base realizes that the recruits we CRAVE to sign look at our Football Board and the Recruiting Board to make their decisions.

Prospects read EVERYTHING, and the schools that we recruit against tell football prospects (and their parents) to look at our Football Board and Recruiting Board and make up their minds for themselves if they should come to Syracuse.

Our Coaches have to clean up all the "venom" that is posted on our Football Board and Recruiting Board that "ignorant fans" post.

Just the other day; I had one coach whose team is in the top 15 ranked high school football teams nationally tell me "McKinley Syracuse Football Fans negative posting is killing your program's recruiting efforts. Those are some stupid MFs. Why do they do that?"

"I have no idea." I replied

I’ll take Nebraska. They used to be *the* team. Now they’re fighting to be a second level team in their division, which is the B division of the B1G.

They also don’t have a second sport. At least we have basketball and lacrosse. They have corn and (I’m guessing) corn hole. (Unless they call it “bags.”)
volleyball

average attendance is 8200 per match

Colorado used to have a good program, but they've only won 10 games in a season once since 2001.
CU had a nice season for a few years a few years ago and had a few guys drafted including the stud wr last wr who is already making waves in the league.

Crazy, I never thought that fans complaining about having the worst offense in Division I football would be killing our recruiting.

I would have thought, you know, that having the worst offense in Division I football is what's hurting our recruiting.

I wish Syracuse Fan base realizes that the recruits we CRAVE to sign look at our Football Board and the Recruiting Board to make their decisions.

Prospects read EVERYTHING, and the schools that we recruit against tell football prospects (and their parents) to look at our Football Board and Recruiting Board and make up their minds for themselves if they should come to Syracuse.

Our Coaches have to clean up all the "venom" that is posted on our Football Board and Recruiting Board that "ignorant fans" post.

Just the other day; I had one coach whose team is in the top 15 ranked high school football teams nationally tell me "McKinley Syracuse Football Fans negative posting is killing your program's recruiting efforts. Those are some stupid MFs. Why do they do that?"

I gotta agree with this in some aspects, everytime i “use” to read the comments on syracuse.com id cringe this ship is going to be a slow turn soooo many people forget how long it took mac to turn the depth around

Give me a break, happens on every board of a relevant program. That's part of being p5. When the fans stop being critical, THAT'S when you have to start to worry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom