Who has the better chance | Syracusefan.com

Who has the better chance

SBU72

All Conference
Between Giff and Q, who do you think will make it as a pro. Consider that Q gets completely healthy. And by pro, I don't necessarily mean the NBA. To me, neither has NBA talent. Rosie had a very long profitable career in Italy. Several other SU alumni seem to be doing at least ok and again personally I thought they were better college players. I do wish both these guys success in their chosen futures.

I was wrong miserably (as was basically the whole board) on the Brisett v Battle more likely nba player odds...so I’ll take a wait and see here.

Hope they both make tons of money !
But, if I had to wager, then my money is on Q !

I think right now it’s Griff but if I’m drafting for potential and development I might lean Q

Q’s got a better post game, and a more developed jumper than Oshae had. He was never 100% with us for more than a game or two, which imo was a consequence of him having to shoulder much of the contact on defense down low in the zone while already being a physical guy on O.

Griff’s got a shot if he can consistently knock down his shots. His athleticisms special but he’s going to be undersized

If Griff can get a little handle and a jump stop he is the better pro prospect.

Neither. Quincy is too short for his skill set and Griffin lacks discipline and dedication.

Well, I guess that settles it.
I'm just playin with ya. But I do believe because of size and potential skill set,Griffin is more likely to see an NBA court.

Griffin

Yeah... tend to agree. He's a lot closer to a 3-and-D bench guy that the NBA churns through.

Q is a 'tweener who doesn't show a lot of 3 skills.

Yeah... tend to agree. He's a lot closer to a 3-and-D bench guy that the NBA churns through.

Q is a 'tweener who doesn't show a lot of 3 skills.
His (Q) jump shot takes a long time to release as well, which makes it less likely he'll see time in the NBA. Griff has a much quicker release, and from a higher release point, which teams will like.

Last edited:
I don't see either making an NBA roster but both should have successful pro careers overseas. Griff has the greater chance to make an NBA roster as a backup based on his potential to play the 2 or 3 but he needs to improve his handling and decision-making. Based on what we've seen in conference this season, I'm not sure Q has the size or physicality to hold his own against NBA bigs. If he improves his outside game, theoretically he could play the 3.

Either way, hope they both have great careers!

Last edited:
AG has a leg up with his dad and his raw ability, but man I can't see an NBA team dealing with him losing focus is he doesn't fix that. Talent is there, though.

If you had stopped the season halfway through, I would have said that Q is a perfect second round pick. A guy that if he had two more inches or so, would be first round. Worried about whatever was going on in the second half of the year. If it was an injury, hope he can get healthy when he's working out for teams.

Hope both make it, though. We need our NBA count to go up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom