Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alsacs

Living Legend
If you do please calm me down and tell me why you do?
The player development hasn't been great. The recruiting has been good but all our guys leave right away.
I need to hear some optimism for Hopkins as he is getting the job next.

I don't.

...but I think we need to move on from JB. The play on the court and recruiting has been trending down for a minute now.

Not sure I've ever been so pessimistic about our future as I am now with this disgusting display of basketball and epic failures in recruiting this year.

The player development hasn't been great. The recruiting has been good but all our guys leave right away.
Crickets...

Zero. But sadly he had to get his chance to satisfy the donors and the basketball alumni. We could have our pick of hot coaches but we won't. We will have a 20 loss season like UNC, but at that point there won't be a Roy Williams to save the day.

It's so hard to say because I don't know what Hop will be or if JB will really step all the way away from the program. I don't want to see JB trying to orchestrate behind the scenes like Dean did at UNC and set the program back for 5 years.

I brought this up last year and was killed by all the supposed experts on this board, the game has passed JB by for sure and Hop didn't impress last year st all

I brought this up last year and was killed by all the supposed experts on this board, the game has passed JB by for sure and Hop didn't impress last year st all

Just not fair to judge a chef when he's using someone else's kitchen and ingredients...

I will say, if he's planning on running JB's system after JB leaves, Houston, we have a problem.

I just don't care at this point. I'll still go to games and hope for the best but I get the feeling I'm going to be like one of those sad old guys at the football games who weathered the Gerg era expecting things to get better but never saw it happen. There will be glimmers of hope quickly dashed and a lot of reminiscing about the good ole days.

You know how they say never go full re.tard? Well, you should never go full meltdown mode either, but I'm there.

I'm just going to keep the bar set unbelievably low going forward and pray the team can achieve mediocrity.

By the time we learn what he is going to run it may be too late, open up the job and if Hop wins out so be it but I think SU can do better

Good news is that Wildhack won't stand for mediocrity from the b-ball program. The dude prior to him didn't seem like he could care less.

I used to. The guy has been all in, for like, forever. He's a great interview— seems to have it going on upstairs. But I fear too much of what we see as 'issues' with how we do things will be continued, because it's all our all-cuse staff has ever known.

It's cool to have a staff filled by people who have always been committed to us, but that's countered by the disadvantage of only having one 'voice' and experience set. I hope Hop's Olympic work leads to something other than what we see now.

Just not fair to judge a chef when he's using someone else's kitchen and ingredients...

I will say, if he's planning on running JB's system after JB leaves, Houston, we have a problem.
Yep, need new blood in here bad. I said that in an earlier post, I am fine with Hopkins if he is going to run different stuff. If not, HARD PASS

Well this is just ridiculous. What could anyone say to give you confidence. That doesn't mean that Hopkins won't be good. Who knows. What we do know is that he will be the coach so we all hope he'll be successful. Don't know what else to tell you.

Hop deserves his shot as he has been loyal.
However I am worried because he doesn't give me confidence.
It shouldn't work that way though. This isn't the mafia, you don't get a freakin HC job at Syracuse because you're loyal.

As others have said, if he runs different stuff and pitches change, wins the job etc.. So be it.

More zone and whatever the f this offense is, see yourself to the door.

I don't know how much of this free fall is from coaching or from being sanctioned. either way, it is disconcerting, because as much as we like to make fun of opposing fanbases and etc., the dome could become a tomb very quickly if Hopkins isn't good. or if JB just completely crashes the ship on his way out. which he seems to be trying to do.

I do. Because we will run more. I think Hop will restore the true identity of SU basketball, which is get up and down the floor, athletic, fast-break basketball. We've fallen in love with ourselves and the mystique of the zone. We are a program now defined by defense. And we've had a good deal of success with it (3 F4 in 13 years).

But the unintended consequence is that we've narrowed our margin of error. Let's allow our talent to dictate the program’s margin of error, instead of our opponent’s unfamiliarity with the zone. I think it will happen over time, with Hop. It wont always be smooth, but he's the man for the job.

Just my worthless opinion.

Last year, when he took over for 9 games, we had 4 games we could lose. We lost 5 of them. Mike is a friend. Sort of. But I love Syracuse hoop. And I was not impressed to say the least. Having said that, we need things to change and change now. Having Jb say next year is his last, can't help our recruiting.

Well this is just ridiculous. What could anyone say to give you confidence. That doesn't mean that Hopkins won't be good. Who knows. What we do know is that he will be the coach so we all hope he'll be successful. Don't know what else to tell you.
I get your positive guy but if asking for people to say they feel Hop gives them
Confidence is ridiculous you have a lot of other negative posts to post in.
I watch the program entering the end of Boeheim era with this team and next being another worrisome team and wonder if Hop gives them confidence he is the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom